This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Quesadilla. How to make the most delicious air fryer cheese quesadilla. Based on the Taco Bell Quesadilla, cut the calories in the air fryer without cutting the delicious flavour. Or mix and match with favourite fillings to make your favourite quesadilla.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Quesadilla
I am sure by now, if you have read Recipe This for a while, that you will know us Milners have a thing for Mexican food.
So far this year we have already shared with you how to make air fryer chicken taquitos, air fryer chimichangas and lets not forget how amazing our instant pot Mexican quinoa is for a quick one pot healthy lunch.
What I love most about the kitchen gadgets is the healthier alternative to takeout or us Brits would call it, a fakeaway.
Making your own air fryer quesadilla is a fantastic way to have a healthier version of your favourite Taco Bell Quesadilla.
In this air fryer quesadilla, we are using our air fryer taquitos as inspiration and showing you just how easy it is to air quesadillas at home with your spare Mexican ingredients.
Can You Make A Quesadilla In An Air Fryer?
Yes you can and they are AMAZING. Though you will need to follow our air fryer quesadilla tips as otherwise your quesadillas will become one of those air fryer disasters.
Once cooked though your quesadilla in the air fryer will be absolutely perfect and you will be running to the supermarket for more ingredients and will have them on your must make each week list.
Taco Bell Cheese Quesadilla
Many of you, when you think of a cheese quesadilla or any flavour of quesadilla will be thinking of Taco Bell and making their own Taco Bell Cheese Quesadilla at home.
Well thanks to the air fryer you can do this.
There is no extra fat involved and you can make your quesadilla as healthy or unhealthy as you like.
Taco Bell Quesadilla Ingredients
The Taco Bell Quesadilla Ingredients are simple and ingredients that most of us have on hand in our kitchen.
- Tortilla Wraps
- Egg Wash
- Black Beans
- Frozen Sweetcorn
- Frozen Grated Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Mexican Seasoning
Also, if you get desperate and don’t have any sour cream in, you can replace this with Greek yoghurt. Or if you are on a diet sour cream will make it even lower in calories.
Air Fryer Quesadilla Recipes
But you don’t just have to make Taco Bell Cheese Quesadillas. You might have another favourite filling. Follow our air fryer quesadilla recipe for cooking times, temperature and tips and then load with a different filling.
Air Fryer Quesadilla Favourites Include:
- Air Fryer Beef Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Breakfast Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Pizza Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Shrimp Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Steak Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Veggie Quesadilla
How To Make A Quesadilla In An Air Fryer?
To Air fry a quesadilla is EASY:
- In a bowl mix together your filling and place onto a tortilla wrap.
- Add an extra layer of grated cheese on top.
- Spread salsa onto the top of another tortilla wrap and load on top so that the salsa is like buttering bread for a sandwich.
- Brush with egg wash, add cocktail sticks and cook in the air fryer.
- Remove cocktail sticks, flip, and cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side.
- Slice and serve.
Air Fryer Quesadilla Tips
Its important that you add some cocktail sticks to the top of your quesadilla before you air fry. This will guarantee they stay in place and you don’t have the top layer going into the air circulation.
What I do is use the same ones. Then load them into the quesadilla before cooking, then when I flip it, I will remove them and use them for the next one.
My other important tip is that you can choose any cheese that melts well. If your cheese can do this, then it is good:
How Long To Air Fry Quesadilla?
It only takes 6 minutes to air fry a quesadilla. But there is one thing that you need to consider and that is that you can only air fry one quesadilla at once. If you are a family of five like we are, this can take a while ????
Air Fryer Quesadilla Temperature
I recommend two different temperatures for your air fryer quesadilla. Get your cheese quesadilla going with a 180c and then after you have flipped it over to cook the other side, cook at 200c. This will make sure that you have a good crunch with a golden colour.
Air Fryer Quesadilla
Air Fryer Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients:
- Load filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Load the filling over one of your tortilla wraps.
- Add grated cheese over.
- Spread salsa over another wrap with a knife and then press the salsa down over the grated cheese so that you have a sandwich.
- Cover the top with egg wash and then load it up with cocktail sticks so that it can’t move.
- Load into the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When it beeps, remove cocktail sticks, flip and add extra egg wash. Cook for a further 2 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Slice and serve with extra salsa.
- Rinse and repeat until you have used all your tortilla wraps and are out of filling.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: