Welcome to my 3 minute best ever homemade tortilla wraps recipe.
It is the first Monday of December and it is that time of the year in our house when we like to get into the winter food and just want to eat as much comfort food as we can get our hands on.
I love the casseroles, stews, tray bakes and soups that warm me up over winter. I like to snuggle with my kids under a big double duvet quilt and watch lots of TV and movies. We have Portuguese cable TV which costs about 1/3 of what it used to in the UK and there is always a new movie that we haven’t seen yet that we watch together. We also love the Disney classics too and thanks to my huge DVD collection we are spoilt for choice.
We also live in the Portuguese countryside with the nearest supermarket being a 10 minute drive away, so this is a great way for keeping us off the junk food and enjoying lots of delicious homemade meals that we have made ourselves and we are really proud of the effort that we have gone to with it.
There is one food though that I often turn to when I want to comfort eat and that is tortilla wraps. They are perfect with some tuna and mayonnaise, for making Mexican dishes or best of all for using up leftover meat that you have hanging around.
Well not only am I showing you how to make tortilla wraps yourself here today on the blog, but I am also dedicating this week to homemade tortilla wraps. There are lots of different recipes to fill your wraps with and to enjoy delicious flatbread at home without paying for the privilege.
I looked in the supermarket last week and it is 2€ for a pack of 6 of them. They are also not fresh and not made on the day with my choice of filling. Plus, when you take into account that they are made from leftover pantry items you can see why we should all make them ourselves to save money.3 Minute Best Ever #Homemade #TortillaWraps Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 300g Plain Flour
- 50g Butter (melted)
- 185ml Whole Milk
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Sundried Tomatoes
- 1Tsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- In a blender add the melted butter, milk and blend.
- Add the seasoning including the fresh parsley and the sundried tomatoes and blend again.
- Place your blended mixture into a mixing bowl and mix with your flour until you have a smooth dough.
- Add a little more flour and knead on your worktop until it looks like traditional bread dough.
- Place it in the fridge for an hour to cool in your bowl with cling film on top.
- Once cool roll it out into 6 equal sized tortilla wraps.
- Cook each one at a time in a frying pan with a little oil with 90 seconds on each side on a medium heat. It will bubble when it is ready to flip over.
- Leave to rest for a couple of minutes before adding fillings so that they are flexible and don’t break up.