Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms. How to cook mushrooms in air fryer. Mushrooms are sliced and cooked with garlic and rosemary for the ultimate quick air fryer side dish.
You will love this air fried mushrooms recipe for its simplicity. Amazing flavours that are cooked together in the air fryer, a really good dump it in the air fryer kind of quick recipe.
These air fryer garlic mushrooms were originally shared on Recipe This in 2019 and we are updating it today, so that you can create the absolute best air fried mushrooms.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Mushrooms
I love the film Julie & Julia and have watched it many times. It was only after watching this movie that I had first heard of Julia Childs and her writing a book about French cookery.
But the scene that I remember the most is when Julie is talking about cooking with butter. She mentions how so many of our favourite dishes, are our favourite because of BUTTER.
And it so true.
Those amazing comfort foods that taste so much better because of butter!
Garlic Mushrooms is a key example of that. If you didn’t have the butter, then would we really like it? Or would it just be another boring vegetable that we force ourselves to eat?
In this recipe today for air fryer mushrooms we will be showing you how to cook garlic mushrooms in the air fryer, with or without the butter.
Then you can decide how you prefer your mushrooms!
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Air Fry Mushrooms?
Yes, you can, and you will be amazed by how good air fryer mushrooms are. They are better than fried mushrooms that you have cooked in a frying pan, you don’t need to watch over them and you can add in extras such as garlic and herbs.
Mushrooms In Air Fryer
You’re probably wondering why cook mushrooms in the air fryer? When of course, you could just get out your frying pan.
Well, for starters you don’t need a big frying pan and the air fryer is much easier to clean up from mushrooms.
As well as this, the crisp on mushrooms in the air fryer is amazing compared to other methods.
Plus, you’re not standing over the stovetop waiting for your mushrooms or having to keep an eye on them.
You can dump your air fried mushrooms recipe ingredients into the air fryer and come back when it beeps.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Fried Mushrooms Air Fryer Ingredients
Mushrooms – You can use any type of mushrooms in the air fryer, but remember to cut them to size, so that they will air fry perfectly. We personally used some button mushrooms from our local Tesco’s.
Garlic – Fresh cloves of garlic cook so well in the air fryer alongside the mushrooms. You don’t have to serve the garlic with the mushrooms if you don’t want to, but if you do it makes a fantastic flavour pairing.
Rosemary – Then of course, don’t forget about your fresh rosemary. This combined with the garlic will have your kitchen smelling amazing.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fried mushrooms recipe it has just been our Cosori Air Fryer XL. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Cook Mushrooms In Air Fryer?
- Slice. Make sure your mushrooms are in good condition first and then slice them into thirds lengthways. Or if they are baby button mushrooms you could keep them whole.
- Peel. Next peel your garlic cloves. I recommend one garlic bulb fully peeled, but it depends on how much garlic you like. The garlic will roast in the air fryer so its great to save some of the garlic for another recipe.
- Load. Add into the sliced mushrooms into the air fryer, the garlic cloves and then finish with some fresh rosemary. Spray with extra virgin olive oil and then set the time and temp.
- Cook. Air fry your mushrooms for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Beeps. When the air fryer beeps, add a little extra spray and then cook for a final 3 minutes at the higher temperature of 200c/400f.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to air fry mushrooms and why you should be doing it too!
How Long To Air Fry Mushrooms?
I recommend air frying mushrooms for a total cook time of 9 minutes. Your garlic mushrooms are cooked in the first 6 minutes and you can stop the air fryer then and tuck in.
But in the Milner house we LOVE our mushrooms crispy and by doing that extra 3 minutes at a higher temperature can make such a difference.
Mushrooms In Air Fryer UK
Married to Chef Dom for 19 years means that I have had many years of him sharing with me all the amazing food he has cooked when working in professional kitchens.
One of those dishes that he talks about a lot is garlic mushrooms that are common as a starter on many UK restaurant menus.
And something I always remember my fussy dad (who hates most restaurant starters) would always order.
But I am sure you are wondering how to air fry mushrooms so that they are like the garlic butter mushrooms that you associate with restaurants.
Well, its simple.
You follow our mushrooms air fryer recipe and then it already includes the garlic and the rosemary, and all you need to do is melt some butter.
You can do this in the air fryer, or in the microwave.
And create an almost melted butter plate like this:
And then when the air fryer has beeped and your mushrooms are cooked, toss the mushrooms and the garlic into the butter and you have yummy garlic butter mushrooms.
Air Fryer Fried Mushrooms Tips & Tricks
- For the best air fried mushrooms, we recommend that you use button mushrooms. They are perfect for the air fryer and hardly need any prepping.
- Fresh rosemary gives an amazing flavour. You can then discard the rosemary before serving.
- If you want garlic mushrooms but are not looking for crispy air fried mushrooms, then you can opt to cook the mushrooms and butter together in an air fryer baking pan.
- Air frying mushrooms is fantastic for using in other recipes. Such as an air fryer omelette. These mushroom pictures were taken as we made an air fryer beef wellington so imagine the possibilities.
Interesting Air Fryer Trick – Did you know you could load the mushrooms onto foil and then air fry for the last 2 minutes with butter. Then the butter melts on the foil and the mushrooms. You can then toss the mushrooms on the foil to get the best buttery flavour.
Can you freeze your garlic mushrooms? Yes, you can. I would recommend adding to a freezer bag such as a Ziploc and then loading into the freezer once cool. Plus, don’t forget to label it up so that you can remember what it is later.
Can you reheat your air fried mushrooms? Yes, you sure can. Simply load back into the air fryer basket and air fry for 3 minutes at 160c/320f. Your mushrooms will then be hot again and ready for serving. If you would like to keep them crispy, then I recommend some extra virgin olive oil spray.
Can you make ahead your air fried mushrooms? I recommend making ahead the prep of garlic mushrooms, but mushrooms in the air fryer taste best, just after been cooked.
More Air Fryer Veggie Recipes
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
- Air Fryer Veggie Fries
Your garlic mushrooms recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
- Place your mushrooms on a clean chopping board and slice lengthways into thirds. Season your mushrooms with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then peel your garlic bulb to make lots of garlic cloves.
- Load into the air fryer basket your garlic, mushrooms, and fresh rosemary. Spray with extra virgin olive oil and then air fry for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Spray again with extra virgin olive oil and cook for a further 3 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Melt some butter with the microwave or wait until the air fryer is done and use the air fryer. Then toss the mushrooms in the butter before serving.