Welcome to a brand new Instant Pot recipe and today we are super excited to share with you our best ever Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey & Rice recipe. Full of delicious Chinese flavours, super simple to make and you won’t just be able to stop at one portion!
If you have read a lot of my recipes here on RecipeThis.com then you’ll have discovered the following:
- I LOVE Chinese food
- I am addicted to rice
- I love one pot cooking
- I like to cook in a hurry as there is not enough hours in the day
I should actually shout out you and say that again THERE IS NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY. I spend a lot of hours working on the blog, looking after my kids, cooking, cleaning, doing social media and the list goes on and on. Some weeks I can easily work a 80 hour week and then I have to cook.
And even though I love to cook by the time I have thought about our dinner it is 8pm at night and my 2 year old is screaming out for her food.
And that is when a quick Chinese dish in the Instant Pot like this comes into practice. It is perfect for families because no matter what your generation is, you LOVE rice dishes, turkey is delicious when used up in leftovers and then you add to this lovely Asian flavours and you are all hooked.
Plus it is one of those great dishes that is easy to pass onto your children as it shocks me sometimes how few kids actually know how to cook.#InstantPot #Teriyaki #Turkey & #Rice #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Instant Pot
- 125g Turkey Breast
- 250ml Turkey Stock
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 250g Soy Sauce
- 70g White Wine Vinegar
- Handful Canned Sweetcorn
- 1 Large Carrot (peeled and diced)
- 250g White Rice
- 1Cm Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 2Tbsp Honey
- 2Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 4Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 2Tsp Mixed Spice
- 1Tsp Coriander
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, seasoning and turkey stock in the bottom of your Instant Pot and mix well.
- Give the rice a quick wash so that it isn’t really high in starch and add the same amount of rice in water so that it is good for cooking.
- Add the turkey and cook on the sauté function for 3 minutes or until the turkey starts to cook.
- Turn off the Instant Pot (pressing the cancel button) and give it a quick stir. Add the steaming shelf over it and using a steaming container place the rice over it with the water in it.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set to sealing and cook for 12 minutes on the rice setting.
- When it beeps manually remove the lid to force pressure release.
- Take the rice out first and give it a quick stir to get rid of any excess liquid or sticking.
- Then take out the steaming shelf and stir the teriyaki turkey.
- Serve the turkey over the rice.
This dish cooks on the Instant Pot low pressure setting because it helps keep the turkey tender and to make sure everything cooks well.