This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Soup maker Broccoli And Stilton Soup Recipe. Creamy broccoli and stilton soup cooked in the soup maker. Perfect for leftover stilton or any other blue cheeses. Freezer friendly and full of flavour.
Table of Contents
Soup Maker Broccoli And Stilton Soup
Before I dig in and share with you my delicious soup maker broccoli and stilton soup, can I talk about my mum for a moment?
If there is anyone that is obsessed with cheese it must be her.
If I asked my mum what her favourite foods was, I am sure she would say bread and cheese.
Maybe add in, eating cheese and bread at the same time as wine, or there might be stories of delicious cheese and biscuits.
She doesn’t have a sweet tooth, so after dinner is always cheese and biscuits.
She is also the only person that I know that loves every type of cheese. And that you can put in front of a cheese board and it is ALL GONE.
But one thing that gets me is her love for blue cheese. I hate stilton and the rest of blue cheese family but put it near my mum and it is all eaten.
I am more a light cheese fan. I like my cheeses light in maturity and my favourite cheeses are British. I love Cheddar, Wensleydale, Double Gloucester and Cheshire.
If you don’t like stilton and have stumbled upon my Soup Maker Broccoli + Stilton Soup, then you can mix and match your cheese for your favourite one.
But the reason I am mentioning my mum is because the Soup Maker Stilton & Broccoli Soup that I am making today, I am giving to my mum.
You see like how it happens to many other people; my parents are very difficult to buy presents for.
When it comes to Christmas or Birthdays, I am often left wondering what on earth to buy her.
They have everything they could possibly need and are travelling so lack space.
Well what started off as something when we were short on money, has developed into a long-term thing, were I gift my parent’s food.
You see my dad is a fussy eater and I am always thinking of my mums’ favourite foods that she doesn’t get anymore.
It might be a cheese quiche, cookies, pie or sometimes just leftovers from something we are making.
I will keep them in the freezer and then give them to my mum next time I see her.
Tomorrow (well the tomorrow of the time when I wrote this) I am meeting up with my mum and dad outside Ikea and giving her this Soup Maker Broccoli And Stilton Soup that is frozen in an Ikea freezer container.
That way she can move it to her freezer when she gets home and enjoy it when she can.
You can of course do the same. Or if like my mum you’re the only one in the family that likes broccoli and stilton soup you can freeze the leftovers and enjoy your favourite soup when you are just serving you.
Plus, it gives you a totally different use out of your soup maker.
Why Make Soup Maker Broccoli Stilton Soup?
The main reason I like making broccoli soup in the soup maker, is because of how economical it is. As well as this, how it can fit in with having a small soup maker too.
You see if you have ever owned a Morphy Richards Soup Maker, you will know that you’re limited on space.
When you first buy it, you think you have a big working area, until you realise the blade comes down from the top and your area is rather restricted.
However, because broccoli is so thick when cooked you can add extra stock and cheese at the end, and it will produce a lot more vegetable soup compared to making soup maker pumpkin soup.
Taking it from making 2-3 servings of soup maker soup to 4-5.
How To Make Broccoli Stilton Soup In The Soup Maker?
Making broccoli and stilton soup in the soup maker is so easy and is one of my all time favourites for soup making efficiency.
Also, if you have stilton haters in your family you can add the cheese later.
- Start by chopping the broccoli. Remove any excess leaves and chop your broccoli into small florets. It is important that your broccoli is in small florets as otherwise you won’t be able to fit as much broccoli into your soup maker.
- Add liquid. Its important that you add the liquid first as broccoli is thick and if the liquid is not at the bottom, you’re likely to burn the bottom of your soup maker.
- Push it. Firmly push down the small broccoli florets so that you can fit it all in and get a decent amount of broccoli stilton soup from your soup maker.
- Load it up. Add the rest of your ingredients, place the lid on your soup maker and let the soup maker do its magic. When it is cooked add extra liquid, more cheese if you want more cheese and blend.
The Soup Maker Recipe Ebook
Our readers asked if we could create a recipe ebook for them with all our soup maker recipes. Well we also agreed that it would be a great idea and our soup maker archives was born.
We also like to include our latest soup maker recipes to it and update it quarterly.
It is perfect if you want a quick PDF that is free of ads and just gets straight on with the recipe, also fantastic for keeping on your mobile devices or for printing off favourite recipes.
Soup Maker Broccoli And Stilton Soup Recipe
- Pour into your soup maker 300ml of cold water.
- Remove the leaves and any big stalks from the broccoli and chop into small florets. Load them into the soup maker.
- Add about 90% of your stilton to the soup maker, along your garlic and seasonings.
- Place the lid on the soup maker and cook for 28 minutes.
- Once the soup maker beeps that it is done, decide how much water is left and add enough extra water to make it into a creamy broccoli soup. Using the blender setting, blend the soup until smooth.
- Crumble in the rest of your stilton and serve warm.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: