Welcome to my slow cooked creamy turkey jalfrezi and rice recipe.
As you know this month is all about those delicious meals created from the leftovers of Christmas and Thanksgiving and getting the best possible use out of your turkey as you can.
Forget throwing all of that leftover turkey in the bin, or getting so sick of turkey sandwiches that you wish you were vegan, but making great meals that make turkey something that you look forward to over the festive period.
Well it goes without saying that turkey leftovers wouldn’t be the same without your traditional Asian curry! Introducing you to our delicious slow cooker turkey jalfrezi served with some delicious white rice.
Perfect for keeping the cold away and so easy to prepare and cook that you could even make this on a hangover!
This turkey jalfrezi recipe was one of the very first curries I ever made and when I started cooking 17 years ago I was rather rubbish at it, so if my former teenage self could do it then you could easily teach your kids to make it too.
So bring on happy families and homemade curries!#SlowCooked Creamy #Turkey #Jalfrezi & #Rice Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 200 g Leftover Turkey Chunks
- 1 Large Onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Large Tomatoes chopped into big chunks
- 2 Red Peppers chopped into cubes
- 200 g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 2 Small Lemons juice only
- 1 Cm Fresh Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Jalfrezi Curry Paste
- 2 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- Fresh Coriander
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker and mix them well with your hands so that everything is coated in the spices, the yoghurt and the tomatoes.
- Cook on a medium heat for 90 minutes or until everything is piping hot and the peppers, onion and tomatoes are cooked.
- When its nearly cooked (about 10 minutes before) cook the rice by adding a cup of rice to 2 cups of warm water to a medium pan. Place on the heat at a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes or until the water has dissolved. Sprinkle with fresh coriander.