Pressure Cooker Chicken Balti. The healthier Indian curry loaded up with fresh tomatoes and peppers for the base, along with shredded chicken breast. Follow our pressure cooker chicken Balti recipe and we will show you how to cook it the freezer friendly way.
In the last of our healthy Instant Pot Freezer Meals we’re sharing with you pressure cooker chicken Balti.
If you missed the other pressure cooker curry recipes that we did then here is a recap:
- Last week we did: Pressure Cooker Curry Sauce, Pressure Cooker Butter Chicken, Pressure Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala,
- Yesterday we did: Pressure Cooker Chicken Korma
Tomorrow is the big day though. As tomorrow we will be sharing with you all the pressure cooker curry recipes in one post as we show you how to turn them all into a HUGE collection of Instant Pot Freezer Meals.
Imagine being able to print off all the pressure cooker recipes at once and bulk cook 52 curries in an hour or two?
Before we made pressure cooker chicken Balti we had made slow cooker chicken Balti and shared it on our blog back in October in our slow cooker slimming world series.
If you’re not aware of what Slimming World is then think Weight Watchers with Syns instead of points. Slimming World is a low fat diet and chicken Balti falls into that very well thanks to the tomato and pepper base in the Balti sauce.
If you want to lose a few pounds or just like to eat healthy, then a chicken Balti in the pressure cooker is perfect.
Or if you prefer the idea of meal prepping via the slow cooker rather than in the pressure cooker then here is the rest of the slow cooker collection:
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Chicken Korma
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Korma
Table of Contents
Pressure Cooker Chicken Balti
I love pressure cooker chicken Balti as I hate prep and then meal prepping is so much faster. That is because unlike many of my other pressure cooker chicken curries the main ingredients are tomatoes and peppers.
I have no butternut squash to peel and dice, no carrots to peel and you can quarter your tomatoes and throw them in. Remove the head and seeds from the peppers and throw them in also.
The only hard work is mixing together your chicken Balti marinade ingredients and adding it all into the pressure cooker.
Helpful Tools For Making Pressure Cooker Chicken Balti
The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker – We use our Instant Pot 8 Litre Pressure Cooker to make our chicken Balti. The bigger the better for making pressure cooker chicken Balti as with all the tomatoes in the recipe it shrinks down.
Hand Blender – A quick zoom round with the hand blender and you have a beautiful creamy Balti sauce.
Glass Bottom – I often place my chicken Balti into glass bottom freezer containers and then freeze them. Its easy to take them from the freezer and cook from frozen in either the oven or the instant pot.
If you click on the banner below you can access all our recommended Instant Pot accessories that you should invest in for your pressure cooker. Many of them suit any brand of pressure cooker:
Get Our Instant Pot Curry Freezer Meals Pack
This Pressure Cooker Chicken Balti is featured in The Fat Free Curry Cookbook & Healthy Freezer Meals. Which is a collection of favourite Indian curries and side dishes. It also includes information of how to bulk cook healthy curries for the freezer. In fact, we made more than 50 curry freezer meals in JUST 1 hour!
If you love a delicious pressure cooker curry and love eating healthy, then this is for you!
Click on the banner below for full details as well as which other curries have been transformed into Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Freezer Meals.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Balti
- 15 Large Tomatoes
- 2.5 Large Red Peppers
- 5 Large Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Place your marinade ingredients into a small bowl, mix them and put to one side.
- Place 15 large Tomatoes, 2.5 large red peppers and 5 large chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Add ½ your marinade ingredients and stir.
- Pour in ½ cup of water. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes with quick pressure release.
- Remove the chicken and shred it. Add the rest of the marinade and blend the tomato and pepper sauce.
- Shred the chicken and stir the chicken into the Balti sauce.
- Place into freezer containers, clean out your Instant Pot and get ready for your next curry