This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Ninja Foodi Ribs. How to cook your favourite ribs in your Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker setting. These Ninja Foodi ribs fall off the bone, taste delicious and are easy to adapt for your favourite cut of ribs or your favourite marinade.
Ninja Foodi Ribs
My first memory of ribs is my aunts delicious, sweet and sour Chinese style ribs that were cooked in the slow cooker. The ribs would fall off the bone and I was always pleased if I scored the last one.
They inspired me so much that I created some slow cooker Asian pork ribs and that it was one of the first recipes I ever published on Recipe This.
Since learning that ribs are at its best when they fall off the bone and are tender on every bite, when I got my first Instant Pot back in 2016, I wanted to pressure cook ribs. I wanted to see how they compared to the slow cooker.
I loved them and with my Ninja Foodi less than a couple of months old, ribs were on my brain.
What I wanted to achieve was Ninja Foodi Ribs that would fall off the bone like those made in the instant pot or the slow cooker.
These are the exact ones I made and if you want to try ribs in the Ninja Foodi, then it doesn’t get any better than this.
Types Of Ninja Foodi Ribs
Do you have a favourite type of ribs that you would like to cook in the Ninja Foodi?
My favourite is some simple Chinese spare ribs that are loaded in a marinade and then fall off the bone while I eat them.
However, you may prefer:
- Ninja Foodi Baby Back Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Short Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Country Style Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Spare Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Beef Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Lamb Ribs
You can also mix and match the ribs with your favourite marinade or sauce. The ribs process is very similar from rib recipe to rib recipe and its all about getting the formula right.
These are some of the flavoured ribs you could do:
- Ninja Foodi BBQ Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Ribs With Beer
- Ninja Foodi Ribs With Apple Juice
- Ninja Foodi Salt & Pepper Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Sweet & Sour Ribs
In the Ninja Foodi Ribs recipe that we are showing you today we are doing a sticky marinade with honey and soy sauce.
If you prefer a barbecue marinade, then instead drench your ribs in your favourite barbecue sauce. Or if you would rather go with sweet and sour, then a jar of sweet and sour sauce.
The choice is yours!
Ninja Foodi Ribs Rub
The ingredients that are added to our ribs include:
- Chinese 5 Spice
- Pork Seasoning
- Garlic + Ginger Puree
- Soy Sauce
- Worcester Sauce
These 6 marinade ingredients are mixed in a bowl until you have a thick sticky ribs marinade. I recommend testing on a spoon to make sure it is sticky and thick enough for coating your ribs.
If not, add a little extra honey.
How To Cook Ribs In A Ninja Foodi?
The quick version of cooking ribs in Ninja Foodi goes as follows:
- Load rib marinade into a bowl and mix ingredients with a spoon.
- Drench the ribs in the marinade
- Pressure cook.
- Serve + enjoy
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
Ninja Foodi Ribs Cook Time
The Ninja Foodi ribs cook time is JUST 25 minutes on high pressure using the pressure cook function. Then once the Ninja Foodi beeps you do a 5 minute natural pressure release.
If you prefer, you can decrease the cook time by 5 minutes, do the natural pressure release and then add extra marinade and air fry for 5 minutes.
Ninja Foodi Recipes
You can follow along with our Ninja Foodi series at Recipe This. Simply click through to the links below and see what else we have to say and recommend for the Ninja Foodi.
- How To Use Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- Ninja Foodi Sweet Potato Fries
- Ninja Foodi Mac And Cheese
- Ninja Foodi French Fries
- Ninja Foodi Frozen French Fries
- Ninja Foodi Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Bacon
Ninja Foodi Ribs
- Add marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix with a spoon. If it is not thick enough for a sticky marinade add a little extra honey. You want it so that it is thick when placed on a spoon.
- Load the ribs into a mixing bowl and drench the ribs in the marinade.
- Add a cup of water into your cooking pot. Then place the trivet upside down in the cooking pot and add the ribs.
- Place the lid on the Ninja Foodi, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 25 minutes. When it beeps complete 5 minutes of natural pressure release before manually releasing pressure.
- Remove the ribs from the pressure cooker and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: