This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Nandos Peri Peri Chicken Bowl. Air Fryer chicken breast and air fryer sweetcorn loaded with Nando’s peri peri chicken marinade. Served with Instant Pot brown rice for the ultimate peri peri chicken bowl. This Nandos inspired healthy chicken breast meal is perfect for make ahead lunches or freezing for later.
They are also an excellent alternative to our chicken teriyaki bowls that we have just featured. Because if you are into meal prepping and are sick of the same chicken bowls, you can rotate between chicken teriyaki bowls and peri peri chicken bowls.
Table of Contents
Nandos Peri Peri Chicken Bowl
Who doesn’t love the taste of Nando’s and want to make their favourite Nando chicken meals at home in their air fryer?
I know I certainly do!
Living here in Portugal, Nando’s is the local cuisine just without heading to Nando’s.
It’s the backstreet café with the amazing small kitchens where they produce big portions of crispy chicken served with rice or fries and Mediterranean salad.
Here in Portugal it is the same delicious barbecue chicken in the famous spicy marinade as you would get at Nandos.
The only difference is that at Nando’s it is called peri peri due to its Portuguese/African influence, whilst in Portugal it is just Portuguese influenced and called piri piri.
The locals here in Portugal will all argue that their version of piri piri chicken is the best and it is often sold for such a small amount, that you feel like you have ripped off the local restaurant that sold it to you.
But no matter what you call it, whether it is peri peri chicken or piri piri chicken to you, you MUST make it at home in the air fryer as it’s amazing.
What Is Nando’s?
If you have been living under a rock these last few years and have not heard of Nando’s then let me give you a quick recap.
Nando’s was created in South Africa by a guy from Portugal called Nando, hence the name.
It’s a chicken restaurant chain famous for its spicy peri peri chicken. The Nando’s brand is in more than 35 countries and has over 1000 stores.
It reminds me a lot of the KFC chicken brand where quality chicken matters and how the chicken marinade is so distinctive.
When you dine at Nando’s there is a choice of a variety of chicken dishes along with delicious sides such as the Nando’s spicy rice.
Todays recipe is all about Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Bowl.
Peri Peri Chicken Bowl
There are many different versions on the internet of how to make a peri peri chicken bowl and today I am going to show you how to make your own peri peri chicken bowl in the air fryer.
The air fryer is PERFECT for a peri peri chicken bowl because it grills chicken in a similar way to how you would expect at Nando’s.
Add to this using Nando’s own seasoning, so no second guessing and you have a match made in heaven.
You can then pair it up with other ingredients to make your own peri peri chicken bowl at home.
How To Air Fry Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken?
The easiest part of our Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Bowl is using the air fryer to grill the chicken and the sweetcorn.
Peri Peri Chicken Instructions:
- Toss diced chicken in peri peri dry rub and load into the air fryer.
- Add in frozen corn and cook until your corn is chargrilled and crunchy and your chicken is perfectly cooked.
- Load your peri peri chicken and sweetcorn into bowls with rice or quinoa.
- Serve or store for later.
You read the instructions back to yourself and think is that it? And really that is all you do for a quick round of chicken and sweetcorn. Then all you need to think about is what to serve it with.
Peri Peri Chicken Meal Prep
You plan to cook your chicken and sweetcorn in the air fryer and are wondering what are the best options to serve it with?
My favourites are all based around my favourite peri peri chicken meal prep and include:
- Peri Peri Chicken With Quinoa – If you have not tried instant pot quinoa yet then you must give it a go. It is delicious, has a much quicker cook time than brown rice and comes out perfectly every time. Or try our Instant Pot Spanish Quinoa for a more Nando’s style flavour.
- Peri Peri Chicken Bowl With Coconut Chickpeas And Veggies – As an alternative I like to cook chickpeas in the air fryer with the red peppers and load it with some coconut milk. It gives your peri peri chicken bowl a wonderful creamy sauce.
- Peri Peri Chicken & Veggie Bowl – Don’t want rice or quinoa? Then swap them for extra vegetables. My favourite for chicken is more peppers, cauliflower and zucchini.
- Peri Peri Chicken Rice Bowl – Todays recipe is based around using rice in your chicken bowl and I am opting for brown rice as it is amazing when you cook it in the instant pot. You can choose your favourite rice to pair with your peri peri chicken. Or like we have done add in turmeric and peas for a Portuguese rice look.
Nandos Peri Peri Chicken Bowl In The Air Fryer
- Toss chicken breast chunks in peri peri dry rub and load into the air fryer basket or air fryer grill pan. Add the frozen sweetcorn and cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Shake and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to meal prep bowls with your precooked quinoa or brown rice.
- Serve or keep for later.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: