This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Introducing you to microwave s’mores. Fast, simple, and perfect for when you want to make smores in your kitchen without going camping.
Make smores in the microwave for your next Friday movie night in as an alternative to popcorn and why not go all 90’s and watch The Sandlot Kids?
Smores In The Microwave
So far this week we have shown you how to make air fryer smores, air fryer baked smores in ramekins and today is all about microwave smores.
Until now I have never made smores in the microwave and always made them in the air fryer, so I was interested to see how microwave smores compare to air fryer smores.
Plus, I love an excuse to eat more smores after becoming addicted to the idea when I first watched The Sandlot Kids way back in the 90’s.
Now we all watch The Sandlot Kids whilst eating smores!
Also, you can find out if I think smores in the microwave are the best, or if another option is better.
Can You Make S’mores In The Microwave?
Yes, you sure can. Microwaving smores is a very fast way to create your own smores at home without needing the heat from the barbecue or the grill or a campfire.
Smores in the microwave can be messy though and you have to appreciate that the microwave will cook them so fast and you don’t want to over cook them by accident.
Can You Melt Marshmallows In The Microwave?
Yes, you sure can. Marshmallows in the microwave melt very quick and then you can load them up into your Graham Crackers for a very fast way to make smores.
You could also melt marshmallows on their own in the microwave and then spread onto Graham Crackers along with chocolate for an alternative way to make microwave smores.
Can You Microwave Graham Crackers?
Yes, you can microwave Graham Crackers. Which is brilliant if you are planning on making s mores in microwave. You can then microwave the Graham Crackers with the marshmallows sat on top for a very quick and simple way to make your smores from your kitchen.
Best Way To Make S’mores?
I have made s’mores in the microwave and in the air fryer and have to say, that they both have their pros and cons.
Microwave smores are so ridiculously fast that its easy to overcook them and for them to be like exploding marshmallows.
Whilst air fryer smores have a habit of the marshmallows lifting and going into the air fryer vents.
What I have found is the best way to make smores is to make a baked version using ramekins (check out our baked smores here).
Would you like easy & amazing microwave recipes from microwave experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST microwave beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful microwave resources.
Crackers – I recommend getting more Graham Crackers for your s’mores than you need. As I was pushing them together to melt the chocolate, I found several broke, so it was good that I had extra!
Chocolate – Then for chocolate in the centre, go with fast melting, milk chocolate. I used Galaxy smooth chocolate or the US equivalent to this is Dove.
Marshmallows – I recommend using large marshmallows as you want to be able to slice them in half and then press the sticky bit onto the cracker, so it doesn’t escape to another part of the plate.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in these microwave s mores recipe it has just been our Panasonic Microwave Oven. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of microwave recipes.
How To Make S mores In The Microwave?
- Ingredients. Get your ingredients out. You will need 2 crackers, 2 marshmallows and 4 chunks of chocolate for each s’more. Or if you prefer you can add extra chocolate.
- Slice. Slice your marshmallow in half width not lengthways and then place the sticky bit down on the cracker. Be firm with it as you need it to stick.
- Cook. Then microwave the marshmallow loaded crackers for 30 seconds, add chocolate and microwave for 15 seconds and then add the other cracker on top.
- Serve. Then tuck in before the marshmallow cools for the best some mores experience!
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to cook smores in microwave and why it is a firm favourite of mine for a quick chocolate treat in the microwave.
How Long To Microwave A Smore?
The recommended time for a microwave smore is JUST 90 seconds. This includes melting the marshmallow and the chocolate and is based on an 800 watt microwave.
If you have a more powerful microwave, then you might be looking at as little as 30 seconds and that is amazing for quick smores.
How Long Do You Microwave A Marshmallow For Smores?
The recommended time for just the marshmallows to make smores with is 30 seconds. This is because the marshmallow is on its own and will be very fast to go soft enough for melting the chocolate.
But if your marshmallow is sat on the crackers ready to become a smore, then 30 seconds would be spot on.
How Long Can You Microwave A Smore Before It Explodes?
We cooked our s mores in the microwave for less than 60 seconds and they were spot on. But if we had continues to microwave the smores, it would have resulted in marshmallows that would have turned into sauce and just wouldn’t go on the crackers properly.
I believe that if you kept a smore in the microwave for more than 90 seconds then it is highly likely it will cause an explosion and take forever to clean!
Microwave S’mores Tips & Tricks
- Keep an eye on your smores as they are super fast and if you have a high wattage yours will be ready even quicker than ours.
- Be careful when pressing the crackers together as they break very easily.
- You can add the chocolate to the marshmallow, and it will naturally melt on its own from the heat. Or use the microwave to melt the chocolate too.
- Use large marshmallows that you can cut in half. They stick to the graham crackers better and will not fly off when being microwaved.
- Try not to create leftovers and just do as many as you need as they are not very nice reheated or left to go cold.
More Microwave Recipes
- Microwave Broccoli
- Microwave Cabbage
- Microwave Poached Eggs
- Microwave Soft Boiled Eggs
- Microwave Hard Boiled Eggs
- Microwave Chocolate Fudge
Your smores in the microwave recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free ebooks and useful cook time charts and so much more.
- 8 Graham Crackers
- 8 Marshmallows
- 16 Squares Galaxy Chocolate
- Gather your ingredients and make sure you have two marshmallows for each smore as well as 4 squares of chocolate for each. Also make sure your chocolate is at room temperature.
- Slice in half the marshmallows width not length so that they will be sticky. Then place the two sticky halves of the marshmallow onto the crackers, then onto a plate and load into the microwave.
- Microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
- Add the chocolate chunks on top and microwave for a further 15 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Add the other Graham Cracker on top and then serve straight away.