Air Fryer Slimming World Burgers
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Slimming World Burgers. Here is how to make slimming world burgers that are syn free, delicious, easy to make and cooked in the air fryer. They are also served with syn free chips for the ultimate air fryer fakeaway.
You can also mix and match your meat and swap slimming world beef burgers for chicken, pork, quorn, or another of your favourites.
This slimming world burger recipe was originally shared on Recipe This in 2017 and we decided to update it for you, create some new photos and give you even more information about how to make the best syn free burgers in the air fryer.
Slimming World Burgers
My biggest regret about slimming world is why couldn’t I have been a teenager on Slimming World in the age of blogging when you had so many amazing slimming world recipe ideas????
I look back at the slimming world recipes that were suggested in the 90’s and they were boring, heavy on the processed foods and even though I ate them, most I wouldn’t touch today with a ten foot bargepole.
Or why couldn’t we have air fryers and instant pots and soup makers to make our slimming world diet even easier?
I was thinking about what I would have liked to eat as a kid on slimming world with today’s gadgets and it would be burger and chips.
Nothing beats burger and chips and I love the fact I can make them with a lot less syns and a lot less calories and fat thanks to the air fryer.
If you love a burger, are on slimming world, or just love a healthy dinner in the air fryer, then this slimming world syn free burger and chips recipe is for you!
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
How Do You Make Healthy Burgers?
In the air fryer of course. Its amazing what healthy food you can make in the air fryer and burgers is one of its best uses.
What you can do, is go to your butchers and get some lean minced beef. You want quality low fat mince, because it creates a burger with a lot less fat and makes it very slimming world friendly.
Then instead of with oil in the pan, your burger is going to be cooked in the air fryer instead. This means that you are creating low fat burgers and can eat your burgers without feeling guilty.
Slimming World Burger & Chips
You are probably wondering how we do burger and chips in the air fryer. Well, it’s a fun process that is easy to create at home and involves the slimming world free food chips.
Of course, you can replace them with other frozen chips that don’t use any oil, but we used the slimming world brand.
Then the chips sit in one side of the air fryer, whilst the burger is on the other side.
Then when you check on your chips and toss them in salt and vinegar, you use the same time to toss your burgers.
Then they are ready at the same time and then you add your salad garnish and burger buns, and you are done.
Slimming World Babybel Burgers
Another idea to make your slimming world beef burgers even more special, without using any syns, is to put your healthy extras towards some babybel cheese.
Then as you make your burger, place a babybel in the centre of the burger, then make sure the burger mince is wrapped around the burger.
As the burger cooks, it will create melted cheese in the middle and you will have a cheesy, yummy burger, that will be better than any burger from the takeaway.
Syn Free Burgers
Hang on a minute, you probably want to know how we have made our slimming world homemade burgers syn free?
Well, its all about careful choices from your free food and your healthy extras:
- Burger Bun – Use wholemeal ones that can be a healthy extra choice.
- Cheese – Make a babybel burger and use the cheese from your healthy extras too.
- Sauce – Instead of traditional mayonnaise mix fromage frais with extras to make a healthy burger sauce. Then use the sauce on your bun instead of butter.
- Chips – Use slimming world frozen chips that are oil free and then toss in vinegar to stop them going dry.
Of course, this is only using a small number of healthy extras, so you don’t have to save everything from the day for them. Well, unless you want two burgers that is!
SW Burgers Ingredients
Mince – I recommend using a lean minced beef from the butchers and ask them about the level of fat in it. Even better, they will often do burgers that are made from lean steak meat.
Bun – If you are on Slimming World aim for a burger bun that is suitable for a healthy extra. That way you can save on the syns. Or you can in fact, go burger free if you prefer.
Chips. I recommend that you use slimming world frozen chips, or a similar alternative that is free of oil. That way you can make your burger and chips dinner very low on fat.
Garnish. Don’t forget all your favourite salad items for your burger. I love lettuce, tomato, and gherkins in mine.
Extras – You can also add diced onion to your burger, add garlic, maybe add some cheese? Or just keep it simple with salt, pepper, and oregano.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this SW burgers recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for healthy air fryer cooking, as well as for other air fryer classics.
How To Make Slimming World Burgers?
- Prep. In a bowl add your burger ingredients and mix well with your hands before making into burger patties. If adding babybel, add a babybel into the centre of each burger and then make sure the burger meat totally covers it.
- Air Fry. Load into the air fryer your frozen chips at one side and your burgers at the other. Cook for 12 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Fix. When the air fryer beeps you want to fix the chips so that they don’t go dry. Toss the chips in salt and vinegar (the vinegar is like magic) and also turn over your burgers.
- Air Fry. Load the chips back into the air fryer and cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.
How Long Do You Cook Slimming World Burgers For?
It takes JUST 17 minutes to cook these delicious slimming world burgers. We start with a 12 minute cook time, then we flip the burgers and check on the chips, then we increase the temperature and cook for the final 5 minutes.
Slimming World Burger Sauce
Here is a quick recipe for a slimming world burger sauce.
Simply load the following ingredients into a bowl, mix and then serve with your burger and chips:
- 1Tsp Mustard Powder
- 3Tbsp Fromage Frais
- 1Tsp Tomato Puree
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- ½ Tsp Gherkin Juice
It is amazing and just like your classic American burger sauce, just with a LOT LESS calories and syn free too.
More Healthy Homemade Burger Recipes
- Air Fryer Beanie Burger
- Air Fryer Zucchini Burgers
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Burgers
- Air Fryer Lamb Burgers
Air Fryer Slimming World Burgers
SW Burgers Ingredients:
- 250 g Slimming World Frozen Chips
- 450 g Lean Minced Beef
- ½ Small Onion
- 2 Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Salt & Vinegar
- Wholemeal Burger Bun optional
- Salad Garnish Optional
- Peel and dice your onion and load into a mixing bowl with your minced beef and seasonings. Mix with your hands and then form into burger patty shapes.
- Place your burgers into the air fryer and then on the other side add your frozen chips. Air fry for 12 minutes at 160c/320f.
- When the air fryer beeps remove the chips and place in a bowl with salt and vinegar. Toss the salt and vinegar in the chips and load back into the air fryer. Turn over the burgers.
- Air fry for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f. Serve with wholemeal burger buns and your choice of salad and sauce.
These burgers were amazing, and did not taste like they were part of any diet and will be making again.
These burgers and chips were delicious and fall into my eating plan at the moment thank you and keep up with your slimming recipes please!