Welcome to my Friends inspired Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich recipe.
I was an 80’s baby and this means that all of my teenage years were in the 1990’s. It was a time when processed foods was all that we ate, when boy bands were the music of choice and Friends was the main TV show that we all watched.
Like many Brits though we had never been to America and watching it was an education in itself. It was the first time we have ever heard of Thanksgiving, egg plants, zucchini, egg nogg and a whole range of other things.
We have of course being to America since and tried lots of other firsts while we have been there, but Friends gave us that first education when it started when we were 12. We would all watch it back to back and once we started watching it we couldn’t stop.
If anything the one thing that caught my attention the most was Thanksgiving. The fact that the Americans have two big turkeys a year instead of the one! We were also amazed by how much food was consumed but we fell in love with the idea of it.
Though, I should mention that I do have American family, so I should have known a lot more!
Over the years we have started a yearly tradition of enjoying Thanksgiving ourselves. We will have a turkey roast dinner with lots of side dishes and from a frugal point of view we love the idea that because we don’t eat that much that we will have a mass of leftovers to enjoy over the coming weeks.
Plus as we have always had American customers (after spending a decade working in internet marketing) that there is no point working on Thanksgiving as no one is online!
This week we wanted to dedicate the week to lots of Thanksgiving inspired recipes and share with you what we tend to eat over Thanksgiving. So this is our turkey sandwich. After watching Friends and Ross talking about his perfect turkey sandwich we decided to make our own and this was the result.
So before you go off and enjoy your turkey sandwich a massive Happy Thanksgiving from us all at RecipeThis.com and we hope wherever you are in the world that you have a lovely day!
And even if you don’t tuck into this for Thanksgiving it is perfect for Christmas and a whole range of other roast dinner aftermaths.#Friends Inspired #Thanksgiving #Turkey #Sandwich Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 3 Slices Wholemeal Bread
- 1Tbsp Leftover Turkey Gravy
- 4 Slices Turkey Breast (skin still on)
- Handful Fresh Lettuce Leaves
- 50g Leftover Turkey Stuffing
- 25g Cranberry Sauce
- Instead of butter spread two slices of your bread with ½ of your leftover gravy.
- Grab your 3rd slice and make into breadcrumbs and mix it with the rest of your gravy.
- Layer your bread with lettuce, turkey, breadcrumbs, turkey stuffing and cranberry sauce. Place the second slice of bread on top and push it down so that it all fits in. Place a couple of small skewers into the sandwich to hold it in place.
- Cook in the Airfryer for 5 minutes at 180c until nicely warm. Remove the skewers and serve.
By warming it up it will heat up the gravy, the stuffing and the turkey and it makes it taste so much better.