Welcome to our fluffy shortbread and cream in the airfryer.
You know that picture above just doesn’t do it justice, they are even better than they are in the picture!
One of my biggest addictions in the baking world (actually my worst addiction) is eating uncooked cake mixture. I just can’t get enough of it. Cake mixture comes out and I am there and like Oliver Twist I always want more. But with the case of Dominic’s amazing fluffy shortbread and cream recipe not only am I trying to steal ALL the shortbread mixture but I am also after his super fluffy filling.
It is at this point right now that I believe I have the best job in the world – the hubby bakes just for me to write about and then people send me kitchen gadgets for me to test out.
Talk about the perfect world.
The best bit about this fluffy shortbread (apart from the fact I get to lick out the bowl like a six year old) is how and easy they are to make. Yes Dominic is a chef so it comes a lot more natural to him, but at the same time any one could copy his example. So if you want to do just that and copy his recipe, read on to find out all about it.
[Tweet “Testing out Fluffy Shortbread & Cream In The #Airfryer from @recipe_this”]
- Preheat the airfryer to 180c.
- In a large bowl mix your flour and sugar together.
- Dice the butter and add to the bowl. Rub the fat into the flour and sugar mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence and knead well until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Using a rolling pin roll out and shape your dough into 1.5cm tall biscuit shapes.
- Place them into the airfryer on a baking sheet and cook for five minutes at 180c. Reduce the temperature to 160c for a further 12 minutes so that they can cook in the middle.
- While the shortbread is cooking make the cream. In a bowl cream the butter until lovely and fluffy. Add the sugar and carry on creaming it until it is very light. Finally add the lemon and mix again. Now put to one side.
- When it has beeped remove the shortbread from the airfryer and leave on a cooling rack to cool for five minutes. Once they have cooled (but are not cold) place two shortbread biscuits together with a nice layer of cream filling in the centre.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your Airfryer that are all focused around Airfryer desserts. We have apple pie, chocolate brownie, apple chips, Victoria sponge and even chocolate chip cookie dough.
We are huge fans of our Airfryer and even more so, now that we have tried out desserts and realised that there is more to Airfryer life than a portion of French Fries.
You can get your hands on it by clicking here.