This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Taco Bowls. You might call them air fryer taco bowls or air fryer crispy basket burritos or even air fryer barquitas mini. Whatever your preferred recipe name, these bowls of heaven are AMAZING in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Taco Bowls
Air Fryer Taco Bowls is so easy to prep and cook in the air fryer.
You cook your favourite taco meat first, which in my case is an air fryer ground beef taco, you then follow this up by loading your air fryer taco meat into your taco bowls, place them back in the air fryer and melt the cheese.
What is there not to love about these yummy air fryer taco bowls?
But I nearly didn’t get the chance to try them as it was luck that would have them land in my air fryer and eventually give me an amazing Mexican taste sensation.
You see I am always complaining both on here and on social media and on my newsletter, that living in Portugal means that I am limited on the recipe ingredients I can source.
I want American food, I want Mexican food, I want Asian food. But a lot of it is just not available. I even go across the border into Spain just for my fix of boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
But the day I bought these amazing soft taco boats was the same day I did a grocery shop at Lidl. They had a Mexicana theme going on and I stocked up on all kinds of Mexican food that I miss out on.
Then I headed to our regular supermarket and would you believe it, but they had these delicious Barquitas in from Spain on clearance.
Clearly, I bought them and decided that I would use them in the air fryer to make delicious air fryer taco bowls.
Air Fryer Taco Meat
I understand that we all have our favourite type of air fryer taco meat. For me it is ALWAYS ground beef or minced beef as us Brits call it.
You can use whatever meat you like in your air fryer tacos, but I recommend ground beef the most. This is because it cooks without going dry and there is virtually no prep, which is my kind of mummy cooking!
If you’re looking for some alternatives to air fryer ground beef in your tacos, then the following also works well:
- White Fish
- Black Beans
What I also love about making my own air fryer taco bowls is that you can create them to your own tastes.
- Kid friendly: You can add your own seasoning and make them milder for children. That is how my 3-year-old son Jorge gets to enjoy his mum’s taco bowls!
- Diet friendly: Using your own Mexican seasonings vs supermarket bought you can choose how healthy or unhealthy they are. You could also serve it all over a Mexican soup rather than in official taco bowls to keep it gluten free.
- Homemade: If you can’t get hold of soft taco bowls then why not just use your own homemade tortillas? They taste so good and are easy to prep. Then you could fold them up into silicone muffin cups and it will be amazing. Or another plan is to use taco shells.
How Do You Air Fry Beef Tacos?
The secret to air frying beef tacos is the cake pan that you cook the ground beef in. This makes a huge difference as it can make sure that the beef is thoroughly cooked and that it is not dry or overcooked.
It also means that you cook your air fryer beef tacos without leaving a mess. You just have your one cake pan to wash up and that is it!
When I cook air fryer beef tacos the air fryer taco ingredients are thrown in and then all you worry about is how much melted cheese you want to have on top!
More Air Fryer Dinners
Here in the Milner house, we love cooking dinner in our air fryer. Its perfect for those nights when you’re tired and you don’t want to spend hours cooking dinner. These air fryer taco bowls are a prime example of this and below are some more!
- Air Fryer Roast Dinner – roast chicken, roasted vegetables, stuffing and roast potatoes all at once in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips – Dominic’s favourite dinner cooked in the air fryer. You just can’t take England out of the Milners!
- Air Fryer Salmon & Mediterranean Vegetables – Another of our favourites and no prep thanks to delicious healthy freezer food.
Air Fryer Taco Bowls
- Place into a cake pan your minced beef and a tablespoon of Mexican seasoning and place the cake pan into the air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Stir your taco meat and scrape any bits of taco meat from the edge of your cake pan.
- Add frozen corn, tinned tomatoes, garlic and the rest of the Mexican seasoning.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Stir and add the beef taco meat into your taco boats. Add grated cheese to the top of them and place them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes at 200c/400f to melt the cheese.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: