Welcome to my Air Fryer meatloaf.
The first time I discovered meatloaf was when I was visiting my aunt and uncle in America. I always thought meatloaf was this over complicated dish and when I saw my uncle make it with a herb mix, some breadcrumbs and some mince, I suddenly realised that I needed to try it and the sooner the better.
So after returning home I was cooking it with my own herb mix and that was three years ago.
Fast forward to when I got my Air Fryer it was one of the first things that I thought this will work really well in here.
I have always done my meatloaf in the traditional way. Put it in an oven proof dish, bake for half an hour and then I have cooked meatloaf. I would then serve it with potatoes and vegetables.
But here I am with my new Air Fryer and I wanted to make meatloaf in the Air Fryer because I loved how crispy it made dishes and how quickly they cooked. Plus with the oven it is not practical in summer due to the fact that a warm oven makes the house way too hot.
So here I was making Air Fryer meatloaf and I soon discovered that it tasted a lot better in the Air Fryer than it did in the oven. Though, because it works on air the normal lovely kitchen odours were not present.Air Fryer Meatloaf Flavoured With Black Peppercorns #meatloaf from @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place the mince in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, herbs, tomato ketchup and Worcester sauce and mix well.
- Aim to spend about five minutes massaging and mixing the ingredients as it is horrible if you end up with one slice of meatloaf that has too much spice on, or you get one slice with no seasoning.
- Finally add the breadcrumbs and mix well again.
- Place in a small dish and cook in the Air Fryer. Cook at 180c for 25 minutes.