Instant Pot Meatloaf And Mashed Potatoes. How to cook Instant Pot Meatloaf in egg moulds at the same time as mashed potatoes. End result is the most delicious meatloaf meatballs over mash potatoes in the Instant Pot that you have ever tried.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Meatloaf And Mashed Potatoes
I don’t know about you, but my reason for purchasing such an efficient kitchen gadget as the Instant Pot, was to be able to cook Instant Pot one pot dinners.
I loved the idea that I could cook Instant Pot Salmon and Broccoli together and how much easier it made my life.
That is why I am here today to share with you my Instant Pot Meatloaf And Mashed Potatoes.
It is another one of those one pot Instant Pot dinners, where most people wouldn’t realise that they could cook the meatloaf and the mashed potatoes at the same time.
In fact, our Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes is so, so easy to make, that you could class it as a dump and start Instant Pot recipe.
The ingredients are dumped into the Instant Pot with the potatoes first and the meatloaves over it and then when it beeps all you do is mash those lovely potatoes.
Talk about an Instant Pot dinner in a hurry.
I am also dedicating this Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mash to my Uncle Bob. He introduced me to meatloaf when I was visiting him in America in 2012.
Instant Pot Meatloaf In Egg Mould
There is another reason why I am here today to share with you my Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. That is because I am what Dominic calls a tight arse. Though I like to say frugal as it sounds better!
But I do like to get good value for money out of the things that I purchase.
One of those things is my Instant Pot Egg Bite Moulds.
Disclaimer – I only paid for one I got the other from a brand I liked. But after getting one for free I decided I needed two!
I had already used it to make:
But now I wanted to use it to make meatballs and of course meatloaves and mashed potatoes. A bit of experimenting later and I have to say that egg bite moulds must be bought for making meatloaf and mash.
If you like meatballs and mashed potatoes, then you can follow this method that I have outlined today in our meatloaf and mashed potato and then swap our recipe for meatloaf for your favourite meatball recipe.
Instant Pot Meatloaf With Worcester Sauce
I love Instant Pot Meatloaf and to give it that amazing flavour it has to include Worcester sauce. If you have not had Worcester sauce before it gives your food a delicious rich flavour and I use Worcester sauce in a lot of different dishes.
This brand of Worcester sauce is my favourite and I have had it in my kitchen since I got married and I will buy it when on a deal at the supermarket to save a few extra cents.
Mini Meatloaves In The Instant Pot
When cooking our Instant Pot Mini Meatloaves, if you wanted to enjoy mini meatloaves without mashed potatoes you could do this too. Then you would have the opportunity to stack two layers of mini meatloaves in your Instant Pot rather than one.
We found that because our mashed potatoes took up quite a lot of room, that we could only stack one lot of meatloaves over it. However we used the 6 litre Instant Pot and I imagine the 8 litre could manage both.
But the choice is yours.
Or if you prefer, you could cook your mini meatloaves in the Instant Pot with mashed potato alternatives. Such as carrots, baby potatoes, garlic potatoes or even other favourite vegetables.
Instant Pot Meatloaf And Mashed Potatoes Cooking Time?
It really doesn’t take long to have delicious Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes.
When we experimented with different Instant Pot Cooking Times, we found that 10 minutes with zero natural pressure release was the perfect cooking time.
The white potatoes were perfectly soft for making creamy mashed potatoes with and the mini meatloaves were perfectly cooked.
How To Make Meatloaf & Mashed Potato In The Instant Pot?
It is so easy to make meatloaf and mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot together and is all about being organised and if you do the meal prep efficiently it can feel like the perfect dump and start Instant Pot recipe.
- Meal Prep. Peel and dice the potatoes ready for mashed potatoes. If you prefer you can keep the skin on the potatoes, and it can make meal prep quicker and the skin tastes so good.
- Meatloaf In A Bowl. Mix all of your meatloaf ingredients in a bowl until they are well mixed, and it combines well.
- Load everything up. Add your diced potatoes into the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot, add your meatloaf mixture into your egg bite moulds and place the silicone lid on top. Add your trivet to the Instant Pot on top of the potatoes and balance the egg bites mould over it.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to cook on pressure cook/manual for 10 minutes and then use QPR to quickly release pressure. Using your silicone mitts remove the trivet and your meatloaves and put to one side.
- Make the mash. Keeping your potatoes in the inner pot make the mash. I like to make my creamy mashed potatoes with butter, milk and a little garlic and salt.
- Serve it all up. Then serve up your Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes.
Instant Pot Meatloaf And Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes:
- Peel your potatoes and dice them. Place the potatoes into the Instant Pot inner pot and add 2 cups of cold water as well as a pinch of salt.
- Peel and dice your onion.
- Break your bread roll into chunks and blend in a blender until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Crack your egg into a mixing bowl and add to it the rest of your meatloaf ingredients including the breadcrumbs and the onion that you have already prepped.
- Mix well so that the seasoning is not all in one place and so that the meatloaf would form a ball if you wanted it to.
- Push the meatloaf mix into your egg bite moulds and once done seal the silicone lid on top.
- Place the trivet on top of the potatoes in the Instant Pot and place the silicone moulds over it.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 10 minutes on manual/pressure cook.
- When its done use quick pressure release. Once the steam has gone, remove the meatloaf moulds and the trivet and take the lid off and allow the meatloaves to rest.
- 1In the inner pot add the rest of your mashed potato ingredients apart from the cheese. Mash well with a masher and then add the cheese in. Mix for a couple of minutes with a fork to make it nice and fluffy.
- 1Serve the meatloaves over the mashed potatoes with tomato ketchup.