This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb. Introducing you to the best ever easy prep air fryer leg of lamb complete with delicious air fryer rosemary roast potatoes. All cooked together in the air fryer this is the air fryer lamb roast of your dreams.
Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb
I recently read that most people have never tried air fryer leg of lamb, or even cooked any type of lamb before in their air fryer.
There is even lamb campaigns to remind people to enjoy delicious lamb.
Or that lamb was too expensive and was not part of their lifestyle.
Let me start by saying that lamb is incredibly easy to cook with and for the ground lamb (aka minced lamb) it is better to cook with than minced beef.
Or when you try air fryer lamb chops there will be no going back!
I am also frugal, or as Dominic would say, incredibly tight. And yet here I am today, sharing with you an air fryer leg of lamb.
I am sure you are wondering why I agreed to buying it and how much I paid for it?
It has been sat in my freezer for a while waiting for the right time to share it with you guys and I got it in a post Easter sale when all the seasonal spring lamb that wasn’t sold was being sold off at a cut price.
Just like post-Thanksgiving in the US you can get awesome deals on unsold turkeys.
I paid about $5 for it and that is an excellent price for a good-sized lamb of leg. It joined in my freezer the HUGE amount of other lamb I have.
If I added up my freezer you could say (at the time of typing this) that I have half a lamb and half a goat.
So, expect more spring lamb recipes and some goat from my bargain shop soon!
Can You Air Fry Lamb?
But let’s cover the first question shall we, and that is what you all want to know and that is if you can air fry lamb?
Well the answer is YES. Lamb cooks beautifully in the air fryer.
The only major thing to consider is that lamb is naturally fatty compared to other cuts of meat.
Therefore, if you add oil to your lamb, then you’re likely to get a lot more smoke in the air fryer and set off your fire alarm.
I also want to mention that with air fryer lamb you get a wonderful crust on your lamb, like the texture of a Brazilian barbecue.
Air Fryer Roast Lamb + Vegetables
The most common way is to cook air fryer roast lamb and vegetables. Though I prefer air fryer roast lamb with roast potatoes.
I am just a roast potato addict and love the way you can cook your air fryer roast potatoes in the juices from your air fryer leg of lamb.
But you could easily swap my air fryer roast potatoes for some air fryer vegetables instead.
How Long To Air Fry Lamb?
It takes just an hour to take a raw medium/large leg of lamb to beautifully cooked. Because our leg of lamb was larger than most, yours might even take just 45 minutes.
We also appreciate that the air fryer roast potatoes that we cooked alongside the lamb takes less, so we added our roast potatoes 20 minutes into the cooking time.
That way both the air fryer leg of lamb and the air fryer roast potatoes were ready at the SAME time.
How To Air Fry Lamb?
Firstly, we started with getting the leg of lamb cooking in the air fryer, then we used the time to prep the air fryer roast potatoes before adding them to the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb – Firstly season your leg of lamb with salt and pepper and place it onto one of your air fryer oven shelves. It needs to be on the top shelf to efficiently cook.
- Air Fryer Roast Potatoes – While the leg of lamb starts to cook prep your roast potatoes. Peel and dice your roasties and mix them with a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Mix well and they are now ready to be cooked.
- Extra Deliciousness. I like to take some of the leg of lamb juices from the bottom tray of the air fryer oven after the 20 minutes and toss the roast potatoes in it before cooking the roasties. Think how much you LOVE duck fat on roast potatoes, and this is a similar taste sensation.
Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb
- Season your leg of lamb with salt and pepper and place on the top shelf of your air fryer oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 180c/360f. While it is cooking prepare your roast potatoes.
- When it beeps remove a little of the juices that have dropped from your leg of lamb to your roast potatoes, toss them and add your roast potatoes onto the 2nd shelf.
- Cook for a further 40 minutes at the same temperature before serving.