Welcome to my 30 minute easy seafood paella recipe.
We all have that favourite food that we love. That one dish that completes us. The one dish we would move heaven and earth to get to.
Kyle has always been obsessed with lasagne and would always nag me for it until I cooked it for him, Dominic is addicted to burgers and my obsession has always been the Spanish Paella.
I would have holidays in Benidorm as a teenager. We would spend the fortnight of the Christmas holidays there and it was one of those over the top places driven by English tourists. It was like you had placed an English seaside town in Spain and that is what you had achieved. You would walk down to the seafront and on the corner there would be a McDonalds followed by café after café selling English food.
Clearly I rebelled as I am really not a fan of English food and when someone offered me some Spanish food in the form of a really big Paella at a barbeque I was in love. The taste of the saffron along with the taste of the rice, the seafood and the beautiful seasoning had me hook, line and sinker.
Since then it has remained my favourite food. Spain is only a 90 minute drive away from our front door and whenever we go, I am planning my lunch at a restaurant that serves fresh Paella.
We also have our Portuguese version in the local cafes called cataplana which is just as nice and I am often in food heaven.
But could you really make it in half an hour (the same time it takes to ring a takeaway and have it at your door) well you will have to read on to find out!
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and diced)
- ½ Small Red Pepper (diced)
- 50g Chorizo (thinly sliced)
- 50g Frozen Peas
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 200g Paella Rice
- 100g Seafood Mix
- 10 King Prawns
- 200g Mussels
- 500ml Fish Stock
- 2Tsp Saffron
- 1Tbsp Paprika
- Handful Fresh Parsley (cleaned and chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- In a large pan fry your onion, red pepper and garlic puree over a medium heat until your onion is golden.
- Add the sliced chorizo, the fish stock and the saffron. Add the seasoning, rice and leave to cook on a medium/high heat for 15 minutes. Stirring it from time to time.
- Add the peas and seafood and cook for a further 8 minutes until your seafood is cooked through.
- Transfer to serving dishes and sprinkle with your chopped parsley. And add a little lemon juice on top.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook but also only require one pot. We have pasta and meatballs, 3 minute alfredo sauce, no carb risotto, 20 minute chicken korma and even pan fried chicken and vegetables.
We are huge fans of one pot cooking and even more so, now that we have tried out 30 minute meals in it. And it shows that one pot cooking is not just for the slow cooker.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.