This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding. Delicious creamy caramel rice pudding, the perfect comfort food and made so much faster in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
You know Dominic often asks me when we are going to be making Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding for RecipeThis.com. He leaves me to it to decide what recipes we put on the blog, but when it is something he is craving and loves to eat and hasn’t eaten for a while, he uses it as his excuse to get an extra helping!
He must have asked about caramel rice pudding about 20 times now since Easter. Well here you Dominic you can have a HUGE binge on caramel rice pudding, photo it as much as you like and see if our readers are obsessed with caramel rice pudding as much as you are!!!!
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding
Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding is so quick. Well compared to how long you would slave away on traditional caramel rice pudding.
In a classic Caramel Rice Pudding you:
- Cook the condensed milk on the hob for 2.5 hours
- Bake the rice pudding in the oven for 3 hours
In an Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding you:
- Cook the condensed milk in the Instant Pot for 40 minutes
- Cook the rice pudding in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes
As you can see the Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding is a serious time saver. You are taking a classic caramel rice pudding recipe that normally takes 5.5 hours to make, then via the Instant Pot reducing the cooking time from 5.5 hours down to just over 1 hour.
I often get asked if an Instant Pot is a worthwhile investment and this rice pudding recipe is just one reason why you should get yourself an Instant Pot!
Even better the portion size is HUGE. I always find after Dominic has made a huge batch that we have loads of caramel rice pudding sat in the fridge waiting to be eaten up!
The good news is that caramel rice pudding can be left in the Instant Pot inner pot, stored in the fridge and lasts for 3 days.
Our Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding batch was enough for 10 portions or if you’re talking your grandma’s small portions then you could probably get 13 out of it.
If caramel rice pudding is not your thing and you just want some Instant Pot Rice Pudding, then give my original recipe a go. Its our original recipe that we published in 2017 and you can then add whatever flavours you like to it.
Instant Pot Caramel Rice Pudding
- Peel the packaging off the condensed milk and place it into the Instant Pot inner pot. Pour over warm water until the condensed milk is submerged. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook on manual for 40 minutes.
- When it beeps manually release pressure and using tongs remove the can of condensed milk and put it to one side.
- Pour out the boiling water and pat dry the Instant Pot.
- Place the caster sugar, risotto rice and whole milk into the Instant Pot. Place it on the sauté setting and bring to the boil. Make sure you stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Cancel the sauté once it has come to the boil. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 15 minutes on manual with the low pressure setting.
- After the Instant Pot beeps, leave it for 15 minutes before manually releasing pressure to prevent a milk explosion.
- The condensed milk should have had long enough to cool now. Remove the lid and give it a quick stir.
- Remove the lid on the Instant Pot after its extra 15 minutes and stir it a few times, adding the butter and the vanilla as you stir.
- Finally add in the caramel, stir it all in and serve with a little sprinkled dark chocolate.