This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Tuscan Bean Stew. How to make a delicious healthy instant pot Tuscan bean stew. Loaded with dried beans, beef, vegetables, and tinned tomatoes, it is an easy one pot cheap family meal.
Table of Contents
Tuscan Bean Stew
I was given a pack of mixed dried beans a while ago. Never got around to using them and they had been sat in my pantry for what felt like years.
I had never cooked dried beans before in the instant pot and didn’t think the family would like them or that they wouldn’t turn out very good.
But as the use by date on them got closer and closer, I grabbed them from the pantry and loaded them into the instant pot and made a quick oxtail soup.
We all agreed that the oxtail soup was amazing and that the beans were delicious.
The next day I put instant pot Tuscan bean stew on, and every last bit of the bean stew was eaten. We all commented about how amazing the beans were and how the beans along with the tender beef, made this one of the easiest and healthiest instant pot one pot meals.
What Is Tuscan Bean Stew?
Tuscan bean stew is one of those delicious Italian beef stew dishes. What I love about Italian food is the way that it is often economical, and you could easily stretch the food over more than one mealtime.
I met an amazing Italian lady when I was in my teens and she started my obsession with bean loaded beef stews.
Tuscan Bean Stew Ingredients
What I love about making a bean stew in the instant pot, is how often I will have the ingredients already and don’t need to go grocery shopping.
This quick hearty Tuscan bean stew is loaded with:
- Dried Beans – We used a bag of mixed dried beans. They are perfect for a bean stew because you have a bit of everything and can enjoy black beans, white beans, and many other beans from the same mouthful.
- Beef Shin – I am a HUGE fan of beef shin and wrote a great guide showing you how to instant pot beef shin. Beef shin is sold in big chunks and cooks perfectly in the instant pot. There is no fat to trim off or bones to remove.
- Vegetables – Its all about the root vegetables. I love to add celery, parsnips, carrots, and potatoes. They bulk up the Tuscan stew perfectly and turn it into a hearty stew.
We used our instant pot 8 quart duo to make our instant pot sausage lentil casserole, but you can use any electric pressure cooker.
Tuscan Bean Stew Vs Tuscan Bean Casserole
This totally depends on where you are from. I would always call it a Tuscan bean stew, but you might describe it as a Tuscan bean casserole.
Traditionally it is called a stew if cooked on the stove or a casserole if it is oven baked. But with the instant pot it can cook one pot dishes the same as a casserole dish and as a pan, so its up to you what you call it.
Or on another note, a casserole because it reduces in the oven is often richer and creamier compared to a stew.
How To Cook A Tuscan Bean Stew?
Here are the main steps for a Tuscan bean stew in the instant pot:
- Prep root vegetables.
- Sauté an onion.
- Brown the beef and deglaze the instant pot with red wine.
- Load in prepped vegetables, stock, seasoning, and beans.
- Pressure cook.
More Instant Pot Tuscan Recipes
Our instant pot Tuscan bean stew is not our first Tuscan recipe on Recipe This and I doubt it will be our last.
Here are a few more Tuscan recipes for you to try next:
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Tuscan Bean Stew
- Slice. Peel and dice red onion and garlic cloves, clean and slice celery and then sauté in the instant pot with extra virgin olive oil.
- Brown. Dice the beef shin and load into the instant pot. Brown on each side and then deglaze the instant pot with red wine. Cancel the sauté.
- Peel. Prep the root vegetables you plan to use. Peel and dice and load them into the instant pot. Also dice the courgette and add this too.
- Add. Load the seasonings, mixed beans, stock, and tinned tomatoes into the instant pot. Give it a good stir so that all ingredients are well mixed. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 60 minutes on the meat and stew setting.
- QPR. When it beeps use quick pressure release and stir. Load into stew bowls and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: