This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Slimming World Enchiladas. How to make Slimming World Syn Free Enchiladas in the air fryer. Loaded with seasoned chicken breast, a quick blender homemade enchiladas sauce and then baked in the air fryer oven.
Syn Free Slimming World Enchiladas
Are you a showoff when you make Slimming World recipes for your family? I know I am! When you cook an amazing dinner that tastes delicious and you promptly tell the rest of the family that it is SYN FREE ON SLIMMING WORLD.
That was me today at lunch time when I made Slimming World Enchiladas in the air fryer oven and rejoiced that how can something so delicious be low in fat, healthy and addictive all at the same time.
In my head I was thinking about the ingredients and thinking, this is worth saving up your healthy extras for.
For my American and Australian readers that love enchiladas and the idea of air fryer enchiladas, but are wondering what on earth Slimming World is, then let me give you the quick version.
Slimming World is a low fat diet similar in its beliefs to Weight Watchers that has been popular in the UK since the 1960’s.
One of the main things that is popular among my friends on Slimming World and myself is delicious chicken bakes and this Slimming World Chicken Enchiladas Bake is the best of the best.
It is also PERFECT if you want a healthy dinner in the air fryer with your family.
Low Fat Wraps On Slimming World
If you are on Slimming World and want to enjoy chicken enchiladas, then you need low fat wraps that are Slimming World Friendly.
Personally, I would recommend the Weight Watchers Wraps, but any of the low fat wraps that are approved by your SW consultant is fine to use.
According to my most recent SW books (mine are a couple of years old) it is one wrap per healthy extra.
To make this dish you would only need two and we cut off part of one, so it would just below 1.75 HEBs.
Add to that the cheese on top as a HEA and you are all set.
Slimming World Enchiladas Sauce
The enchiladas sauce that we personally make at home in our blender is 100% Syn Free. Dump the ingredients into your blender, blitz and you have a delicious sauce to pour over your chicken.
Slimming World Enchiladas Sauce Ingredients Include:
- Tinned Tomatoes
- Red Chilli Pepper
Though, if you are serving family members that are not good with spicy food omit the red chilli pepper.
If you don’t follow Slimming World, then swap the quark for ½ an avocado.
Can You Air Fry Enchiladas?
I am sure you are wondering how you would air fry enchiladas and why I would convert this popular Slimming World recipe to the air fryer oven?
Well the air fryer makes food like chicken enchiladas so much easier. You can also make your chicken crispy prior to adding it to wraps.
Even better you can air fry your wraps for a minute or two to make them a little crispy. Plus, air fryer chicken enchiladas comes together so much faster.
Enchiladas In Air Fryer
Whether you are making cheese enchiladas, beef enchiladas, chicken enchiladas or keto enchiladas, you can use the air fryer to make them better.
I like to air fry my chicken first in the air fryer in a taco seasoning. This gives a wonderful flavour to the chicken and while this is going on in the air fryer, I can be making my homemade enchiladas sauce in my blender.
The wraps are then crisped up a little in the air fryer while the enchiladas sauce is mixed into the chicken.
The chicken is then loaded into the wraps, excess wrap is removed, and they are rolled up ready for more enchiladas sauce on top and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
25 minutes later your air fryer enchilada casserole is ready to EAT!
That is air fryer chicken enchiladas DONE!
Air Fryer Enchiladas Gadgets & Tools
Making air fryer chicken enchiladas or casseroles in the air fryer does require a few good air fryer tools.
Buy them once and use them in the air fryer and you can use them over and over in a whole range of delicious air fryer recipes.
- Air Fryer Oven – This is the one we have and that we used for our air fryer chicken enchiladas. It is a good size and the top shelf is perfect for a quick crisp up and cheese melt.
- Air Fryer Grill Pan – We replaced our air fryer basket with this amazing grill pan when we were cooking the chicken. More authentic and like you have cooked your chicken on the barbecue.
- Air Fryer Baking Dish – This is the dish we recommend the most for cooking casseroles and bakes in the air fryer oven. It perfectly held enough chicken enchiladas to feed four people.
- Ninja Blender – We recommend having a good blender for making home sauces like our homemade enchiladas sauce. You want one strong enough to blend whole garlic cloves and that will not break after just a couple of goes.
More Air Fryer Oven Dinners
Air Fryer Enchiladas is not my only air fryer oven dinner recipe. In fact, I love making dinner in the air fryer oven.
You have a LOT more space compared to the air fryer basket and it is great for dinners of meat and potato or meat and veggies.
Here are some air fryer oven dinner favourites:
- Air Fryer Cheese Nachos – YES you can make your other favourite Mexican food in the air fryer oven. This is also a vegetarian version perfect for Meatless Monday.
- Air Fryer Oven Pork Tenderloin – Load the pork and apples on your drip tray and potatoes on the top shelf. The perfect easy dinner and you will fight over the last piece of perfectly roasted apple.
- Air Fryer Greek Lamb Chops – Combine lamb chops and potatoes for a taste of the Mediterranean. Hardly any prep and your house will smell like a taverna.
Slimming World Enchiladas In The Air Fryer
Chicken For Enchiladas:
- Chop your chicken breasts into strips similar to chicken stroganoff. Load them into a bowl with your onion and your other chicken for enchiladas ingredients. Mix well with your hands and load into your air fryer basket or grill. Cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- While your chicken is cooking load your enchiladas sauce ingredients into a blender. Blitz until you have a smooth creamy enchiladas sauce.
- When the chicken is done add the wraps to the air fryer and cook for 90 seconds or until slightly crispy at 200c/400f.
- Load your chicken into a clean mixing bowl and add a little enchiladas sauce at a time until you have a creamy chicken mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of enchiladas sauce to the bottom of your air fryer baking pan. This will stop of the enchiladas from sticking during cooking.
- Roll up the enchiladas and tuck them in. We fitted 5 into our baking dish and you will need to slice of the ends with a knife or scissors so that they will fit in the baking pan.
- Add the last of the enchiladas sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes on the top shelf of your air fryer oven at 180c/360f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: