Welcome to my Slimming World One Pot Veggie Loaded Chilli. This is perfect for a healthy Slimming World recipe during your SP days for a quick health boost and for leaving you full for hours. It is also incredibly easy to make in your casserole dish or Dutch Oven.
We had a delicious Slimming World One Pot Veggie Loaded Bolognese yesterday and I thought I would follow it up with something similar today but with loads of beans instead.
That way you are getting a huge vegetable, protein and fibre kick all from one dish of food.
In this dish we are getting out the casserole dish and throwing lots of delicious ingredients together and then hoping for the best.
Well actually we have tested it and it tastes amazing, but I am sure you get the idea.
Another option with this is to swap the mince for some lentils and then you have an amazing vegan dish instead.
When we had this for the very first time we loaded it over some just steamed jacket potatoes and spent hours feeling like we had overeaten thanks to the huge amount of beans.
I live in Portugal and the big thing here is the black beans. They’re very popular and people have them a lot more than kidney beans so I have used these instead.
The idea here though is to throw in whatever you can get your hands on and make it work for you without it being expensive.
The one thing I will say is stay away from baked beans in tomato sauce as they are so bad for you and won’t give you the health kick that you need.
Instead if you want plain beans then mix some delicious haricot beans (drain them first) with a can of tinned tomatoes.
It is so much better for you and they taste so good. And then you will wonder why you had the baked beans cans for so long.
And remember to alter the recipe based upon how hot you like your food as you might be serving it to your kids.
Slimming World One Pot Veggie Loaded Chilli
- Place into your casserole dish the tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion and tomato puree. Cook on a high heat (and keep stirring) for 2-3 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
- Place the minced beef into your casserole dish and mix well.
- Peel and dice your other vegetables and throw these in too. Drain and add your beans and your chickpeas.
- Add the seasoning.
- Keep stirring and move the heat from high to low as this will then simmer the dish.
- Crumble in the beef OXO cube and also add 568ml (1 pint) or boiling water and mix well.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish and cook in a preheated oven at 200c for 30 minutes.
- Serve with some fat free yoghurt to balance out the heat.