Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about Instant Pot Cheese Burger Macaroni Cheese. This has to be a taste of heaven cooked in the Instant Pot. Delicious flavours brought to your plate thanks to the mince, the cheese and the delicious pasta. It is perfect for a mid week dinner or for a frugal family lunch.
We have eaten this for years. We just love the flavours of the bolognese style mince with the macaroni cheese. They are a match made in heaven. Then add the pasta and you have a macaroni version of lasagne.
And did I tell you before that lasagne are my son’s favourite food in the world. He constantly asks for it and he is often annoyed if we are recipe testing and don’t have time to fit in a lasagne into his weekly menu.
The day I cooked this, Dominic was busy working in the office and I was in the house with the two little ones and Kyle was at school. I made it at lunch time and as usual time got away with me and Dominic didn’t even complain when I served it for lunch at 3pm instead of the usual 1pm.
What amazes me about the Instant Pot is the portion sizes it creates. I always end up over catering and there will be loads left for the freezer.
At 3pm Dominic, me and Sofia had our portion of it and left the rest in the Instant Pot thinking that Kyle would have some when he came home from school and the rest can go in the freezer for another time.
When Kyle came home I was in the bathroom (the door is next to our kitchen) and as he bounced in all I could hear was his joy that he has some pasta in the pot. Firstly he cleared his leftover breakfast as he was late up and hadn’t finished it, and then he finished what was in the Instant Pot and didn’t even leave any sauce down the sides.
It then means that I have no idea exactly how many portion sizes were left for this recipe to feed. But I would estimate in Kyle’s world that he had another 2 portions worth as well as his own portion. So if you are a family of six it will be perfect, or for a family of four, plenty left for the next day.#InstantPot Cheese Burger #Macaroni #Cheese #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In the Instant Pot place into the pot the onion, garlic, tomato puree, olive oil and mustard. On the sauté setting cook for a minute or two or until the onions are soft.
- Add ½ a litre of boiling water along with tinned tomatoes and 2 beef OXO cubes. Stir well and allow to bubble a little.
- Add the seasoning, the mince and the macaroni and mix well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to sealing. Cook for 10 minutes on the manual setting.
- After 10 minutes and it has beeped allow to rest for 5 minutes and this will soak up the juices and add to the flavour of the dish.
- Take the lid off and add all the cheese and stir well.
For mustard I usually use a little French mustard as English can be too strong for this dish.
You may find it very strange to see ½ a litre of macaroni pasta. This is because to make the pasta and water equal and easy to follow you want equal portions. I set my water to the ½ litre mark then refilled it with pasta to the same level as I placed the pasta in the pot.