Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fingers. How to cook your favourite frozen chicken fingers in an air fryer. Perfect for if you like your frozen chicken fingers to be crispy without the high calories of deep frying.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fingers
Today we’re going to be sharing with you how to cook your favourite frozen chicken fingers in the air fryer.
If you love cooking frozen fish sticks in the air fryer, then air fryer frozen chicken fingers should be next on your list.
Most air fryer users talk about frozen French fries being the first thing they ever cooked in the air fryer, but for us in the Milner house it was chicken strips, which were very similar texture and taste to the chicken fingers I am sharing with you today.
It was also through trying air fryer frozen chicken, that convinced us that buying an air fryer was the best kitchen gadget investment that we had ever made.
When I think of chicken fingers, I think of them as fat fish sticks. They are a bit wider than fish sticks and the same length and cook similarly.
If you normally cook chicken fingers in the oven, I am sure you’re aware of the texture that you get. That soggy breaded texture that you wish you could have cooked them in the deep fat fryer, just so that they would be crispy.
Yet cook frozen chicken fingers in the air fryer and they have the same calories as oven baked chicken fingers, but they are quicker to cook and crispy like they have been cooked in oil.
Reheating Chicken Fingers In The Air Fryer
Air fryers are not just for cooking all your favourite frozen foods, they are also perfect for reheating all of your favourite foods.
You can reheat your chicken fingers in the air fryer.
This is PERFECT for if like me you have kids that go through phases of eating their food vs not eating their food. Dominic always jokes that they always eat my food and never his!
When we are out with our kids, we never buy them a kid’s meal because they just don’t eat it. Instead we will get a few extra sides and they will share our food.
Let’s say you gave your kids chicken fingers in the air fryer for dinner and they didn’t eat it all.
Simply fridge it and then later reheat it for 5 minutes at 160c/320f. This is the ideal temperature because you want to reheat NOT cook.
How To Air Fry Chicken Fingers?
To air fry chicken fingers is so easy and the most important things to remember are:
- Don’t overcrowd your chicken fingers – If you do, they will stick together, and you won’t get perfectly crispy chicken fingers.
- Do remove crumbs – When you open your frozen chicken fingers you will find a lot of excess crumbs from when the breading has come away from the chicken fingers. You want to pat the chicken fingers to remove the excess before cooking. Otherwise you will have a very dirty air fryer and your chicken fingers will not be as nice.
Apart from this cooking air fryer frozen chicken fingers is not that different from cooking deep fried frozen chicken fingers. The only difference being that they are going into an air fryer basket.
More Air Fryer Frozen Food Recipes
We love helping out our readers and sharing with them delicious air fryer frozen food recipes. Check out our how to cook frozen food in the air fryer if you’re new to air frying.
As well as this below are some other favourite frozen chicken air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Hot Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen KFC Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Bites
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fingers
Air Fryer Chicken Fingers Ingredients:
- Pack Frozen Chicken Fingers
- Open your pack of frozen chicken fingers and remove any excess crumbs.
- Place the frozen chicken fingers into the air fryer basket making sure that there are not overcrowded.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve warm.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: