Welcome to my latest whole30 recipe. In this recipe I will be showing you my whole30 version of the classic whole roasted cauliflower and cooking it in the crockpot.
I love this recipe. I mean I REALLY LOVE THIS RECIPE. Never mind all the vegetarians out there; this is for me to have with my baked chicken or with a salad in the summer.
It is full of flavour, totally healthy and makes me wish I was still a vegetarian.
You literally have a minute or two of preparation time, slap it into the slow cooker and then let the slow cooker do the work for you.
Even better – you cook it in silver foil so all your slow cooker will need when done is a quick wipe.
When we last had it we served it as a side to our roast chicken and then had it with some salad. It was an amazing evening meal and my teenage son demanded that I give him more. Well I would…..if I hadn’t already eaten all the leftovers!
If you’re on the Whole30 it can sometimes be difficult to choose new and exciting ways to eat your vegetables, well this is it.#Whole30 #Crockpot Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Lay out a big sheet of silver foil and preheat your slow cooker to the high setting.
- Cut all the green leaves off your cauliflower so that you are just left with the edible bits.
- Massage the head of the cauliflower with the coconut oil.
- Cover it with the mustard seeds and half the other seasonings.
- Seal up the silver foil, shake it about so that it is well covered and place in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for four hours.
- Mix together the vegetable stock and the rest of the seasonings.
- After 4 hours open the silver foil and pour on the vegetable stock. Then cook for a further hour on high. Open it up and fork through it and it will become pulled cauliflower. And will be like a creamy version of cauliflower rice.