Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese. This must try delicious 5 ingredient slow cooker mac and cheese will totally change the way you use your Crockpot. With no boiling of the pasta required and simple ingredients this is a slow cooker life changer.
But I have something even better than our slow cooker mac and cheese for you to check out first.
It is our slow cooker ecookbook. It includes all our popular British slow cooker recipes and fantastic for variety with cooking with the Crockpot. Or browse our site as we have plenty of slow cooker recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the slow cooker since 2011.
No Boil Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese
There is nothing worse than Googling a slow cooker recipe only to find out you must cook things first before you can make your slow cooker recipe.
Doesn’t that go against why we all got our slow cookers?
We want to dump ingredients into the slow cooker not cook something else first.
A couple of years ago a slow cooker mac and cheese recipe landed into my Facebook feed. At the time I had never made macaroni cheese in the slow cooker and was curious.
The instructions said boil the pasta and then load into the slow cooker and I was like WHAT?
Told the chef hubby and the next day he made me the most delicious slow cooker mac and cheese. And proudly told me that he had loaded dried macaroni into the slow cooker and how easy it was.
I was amazed by how delicious his macaroni cheese was and from that moment on, its been known as our no boil slow cooker mac and cheese and today we are sharing it with you.
Can You Make Mac And Cheese In A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can! You can make many different one pot pasta recipes in your slow cooker.
You can dump the ingredients in the slow cooker, let the slow cooker do the magic and then enjoy.
You can also load your slow cooker pot (once cold) into the fridge and then use the slow cooker to reheat your leftover mac and cheese.
Best Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese
Shall I tell you why this slow cooker mac and cheese is the best?
That is because:
It’s a 5 ingredient slow cooker mac and cheese, it’s a slow cooker mac and cheese with cream cheese, it doesn’t need any weird ingredients and best of all, it tastes delicious.
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese
I love easy slow cooker recipes that don’t require many ingredients and you will be pleased to know that this 5 ingredient slow cooker mac and cheese is no different.
- Any dried pasta – You can use macaroni pasta, or you can use other pasta shells or pasta twists. Just go with what you have in your pantry.
- Cheese – I love to use Philadelphia cream cheese in my pasta dishes as it makes them so creamy. I then double it up with cheddar cheese that I have already grated. I have a big supply of grated cheese in my freezer for using in slow cooker dinners.
- Skimmed milk – Its important that you use skimmed milk as its thinner and will help with the balance of creamy macaroni cheese without it going too thick.
- White wine – My secret ingredient in macaroni cheese. It stops it from getting too thick, gives wonderful flavour to your macaroni cheese and you only need a bit for your macaroni cheese.
- Seasonings – I like to use salt, pepper, oregano and garlic in my mac and cheese. But you can mix it up with what ingredients you have in.
How To Cook Mac And Cheese In A Slow Cooker?
You are probably wondering how do you cook mac and cheese in a slow cooker. Well, it’s a lot easier than you would think:
- Load ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Mix well.
- Slow cook and stir.
There is a little bit more to slow cooker mac and cheese, but that is the basics.
How Long To Cook Mac And Cheese In A Slow Cooker?
It took us just three hours in high to make a delicious easy slow cooker mac and cheese. Though you can also do it on low for 5 hours.
What we love to do is put dinner on as we do the washing up from lunch and a 3 hour cook on high suits our needs.
I have a Crockpot and find that is gets a bit hotter compared to the other slow cookers I own. If you don’t have a powerful Crockpot, you may want to add an extra hour to your cook time.
Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese Ingredients:
- 300 g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 500 g Dried Macaroni Pasta
- 1200 ml Skimmed Milk
- 270 g Cream Cheese
- 1 Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
Add In Later:
- 200 g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 200 ml White Wine
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- Dump first batch of ingredients into the slow cooker
- Stir well and slow cook on high for 1 hour and then stir again.
- Add in extra ingredients and stir again. Cook for 2 more hours on high before serving.
Well i have never tried it in the slow cooker in all the time i have had one and i must say it was delicious thank you.
I loved this usually only do it on the stove but this has opened my eyes brilliant thanks.
Great stuff tasted lovely and will be making it again over the weekend.