Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and this delicious recipe is for Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Broth. Add the flavours of Mexico to your Instant Pot along with a stunning chicken broth and you end up with this perfect mid week dinner.
I probably don’t say this enough but I just love Mexican food and if I had to choose one type of Mexican food it would have to be cajun. It is not over spiced so when my husband is complaining about too much spice I can cook up some flavoursome cajun food instead.
This dish has been created for the following reasons:
- To use up my chicken bone broth as I have so much of it thanks to creating it with every spare chicken carcass I now have.
- It is not too spicy therefore perfect for my 2 year old daughter who is still developing her favourite flavours.
- It is quick and incredibly simple for a one pot Instant Pot meal.
Now the last one is by far my favourite on here. How often do you see an Instant Pot recipe and discover that you have to add 20 ingredients and that the recipe would have been easier to make in the oven rather than in the Instant Pot.
Well this recipe is perfect for all of you Instant Potters out there. You throw the ingredients in, then put the lid on and let the Instant Pot do all the work for you. We also find that not only is it great mid week with some fresh bread but it is also just as good for a nice Friday night supper.
However when we tested this dish for the first time it was a last minute late night Saturday night meal. We then did it again for lunch a couple of days later.#InstantPot #Cajun #Chicken #Pasta #Broth #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Instant Pot Duo
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ½ Small Broccoli
- 50g Spring Onion
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Leek
- 100ml White Wine
- 3 Cups Bowtie Pasta
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1Tsp Mexican Spice
- 1Tsp Chilli Powder
- 2Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1Tsp Celery Salt
- 1Tsp Coriander
- 1Tsp Mixed Spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice the chicken breast.
- Place the coconut oil, chicken and garlic into the bottom of the Instant Pot and sauté for a couple of minutes until the outer of the chicken goes white.
- Dice the broccoli into small bite sized pieces. Chop the cherry tomatoes in half. Clean and dice the leek. Thinly slice the spring onion.
- Add all the vegetables to the Instant Pot along with your wine, stir well and then add your seasoning and stir again.
- Add a can of coconut milk, followed by the pasta and the broth.
- Stir again.
- Add the lid and place the lid to sealing.
- Cook for 12 minutes on the poultry setting.
- Allow to rest for a further 5 minutes to allow all the ingredients to carry on cooking and for the flavours to do the work.
- Remove the lid, give it a good stir and then serve it with warm crusty bread.