Instant Pot Detox Cabbage Soup
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Detox Cabbage Soup. A delicious simple instant pot cabbage soup diet recipe that is ideal for cooking in bulk ahead of your 7 day cabbage soup diet plan. Loaded with cabbage and other low calorie vegetables it is vegan, vegetarian and gluten free.
But I have something even better than our instant pot cabbage soup for you to check out first.
It is our Learn Your Instant Pot online course. It teaches you how to use the instant pot, with a different topic every week for 52 weeks. Perfect for going from beginner, to confident instant pot user.
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
Whenever I am asked what the best use of the instant pot for the typical working mum, I will always shout from the rooftops that it is instant pot vegetable soup.
You see, take the soup maker machine and you wait 28 minutes for soup and then you are limited with how much soup you can make at once. I will be in our kitchen trying to force as much vegetables as I can into the soup maker to make soup.
Yet take that same soup recipe to the instant pot and you can make triple the soup and make it in 4 minutes instead of 28.
I mean how awesome is that!
Then if you follow the cabbage soup diet and want to make a batch to last you a few days then this is when the instant pot becomes your best friend.
You can make one big batch the day before you start the cabbage soup diet. Then halfway through the diet, make your second batch. Then that is it for a week of soups.
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Diet
If you have not followed the cabbage soup diet, then note that it is all about eating as much cabbage soup as you want for 7 days.
But because the biggest part of it is the consumption of lots of soup, it makes the instant pot ideal for it.
You can reheat cabbage soup in the instant pot:
- Reheat from frozen – load frozen soup into the instant pot, set the cook time to zero minutes and you have warm soup.
- Reheat with sauté – Just like warming up soup in a pan, you can use the instant pot sauté function to warm up your soup. Whilst I was following the cabbage soup diet, this is how I reheated my soup the most.
Instant Pot All You Can Eat Cabbage Soup
Remember your instant pot all you can eat cabbage soup is whatever you want it to be. You can mix and match vegetables, use frozen vegetables and tailor it to your specific diet needs.
You can also make your instant pot cabbage soup taste better by mixing and matching seasonings and by choosing between blended or chunky cabbage soup.
For example, your instant pot cabbage soup can be:
- Instant Pot Spicy Cabbage Soup – Add chilli or add jalapeno poppers for a spicy version of a classic cabbage soup. This is also better for weight loss because spicy food improves your metabolism.
- Instant Pot Curry Cabbage Soup – My favourite way of enjoying the cabbage soup in the instant pot and in my opinion the best. You make the cabbage soup as usual and then add in garam masala, cumin, cinnamon and a pinch of turmeric.
- Instant Pot Creamy Cabbage Soup – At the end of pressure cooking use a hand blender to blend your soup until it is smooth. It will then be like the nicest ever creamy cabbage soup you have ever tried.
- Instant Pot Cabbage Vegetable Soup – Want to lose weight and follow the cabbage soup diet but don’t want to have wind for a week? Then opt for a cabbage vegetable soup like we do. It has cabbage, but it also has a lot of other vegetables too that are associated with weight loss.
- Instant Pot Cabbage Tomato Soup – Love tomatoes? Then load your instant pot up with plenty of tomatoes and have a cabbage soup meets tomato soup. Plus, tomatoes are associated as a top food for speedy weight loss.
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
Making cabbage soup in instant potis one of the EASIEST EVER soup recipes.
- Load up with vegetables.
- Add stock.
- Add chopped cabbage.
- Pressure cook.
- Blend and serve.
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Time?
The amazing thing about the instant pot cabbage soup is the cook time. It is JUST 4 minutes to cook cabbage soup in the instant pot + the time it takes for the instant pot to go to pressure.
As well as this, to reheat cabbage soup in the instant pot is JUST 0 minutes.
The cook time only goes up on instant pot soups if you are adding slow cooking lentils such as green lentils or you are cooking meat.
But for your typical vegan/plant based weight loss soup 4 minutes is all that is needed.
Batch Cooking Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
The instant pot cabbage soup that I am sharing with you today is aimed at those following the cabbage soup diet and that want a LOT of soup to save cooking soup every day.
What I did was make enough soup as I could in one go using my Instant Pot 8 quart duo. I then loaded it into containers ready for the fridge like you see below:
You could also do the same and freeze it once in the containers too.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
We love making delicious weight loss soups in the instant pot. As well as our cabbage soup diet recipe we have a few more that must try.
- Instant Pot Red Thai Curry Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Carrot + Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
Instant Pot Detox Cabbage Soup
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Ingredients:
- 780 g Tinned Tomatoes
- 2.5 Mixed Peppers
- 1 Medium Courgette/Zucchini
- 6 Medium Celery Sticks
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium Cabbage
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 2 Tsp Thyme
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and dice all your vegetables and load into the instant pot.
- Stir your vegetables and add in seasonings and then 500ml of water or stock. Stir again.
- Place as much cabbage on top that will fit and then close your instant pot pressure cooker.
- Set the valve to sealing and cook for 4 minutes on manual/pressure cook. Manually release pressure, stir, and then blend until smooth, or partially blend and then stir for a chunky creamy cabbage soup.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
Just made a batch of this now and can’t believe how delicious it is. I am on day 4 of the cabbage soup diet and wish me luck 🙂
This is so good i can not believe it is part of the cabbage soup diet. I made it this evening as a way to clear out the fridge and it is really helping me with my instant pot confidence.
Starting the cabbage soup diet tomorrow and just making a batch of this now.