Ikea Lemon Dill Salmon cooked in the air fryer. A delicious way to combine your favourite Ikea lemon dill sauce with perfectly cooked air fryer salmon.
Table of Contents
Ikea Lemon Dill Salmon
Confession time. Who goes to Ikea just for the food? I certainly do. We have only had an Ikea in our local area for the last 18 months.
It is at a new shopping centre that has just been built and we have a Starbucks (this is new to us) too and can also binge on all our favourite Starbucks treats too.
When I am in Ikea you will find me in one of 2 places:
The Kitchen Items. I love the Ikea freezer bags, cutlery and any other weird and wonderful thing that I need in the kitchen, but I didn’t know I needed until I visited Ikea.
Though I did grab a new kitchen knife there and it was so sharp, I kept cutting myself on it. When it went a little blunt though properly like a regular knife I felt comfortable using it!
The Food. I know everyone in the world goes to Ikea for the Swedish Meatballs, in fact we love them so much we make Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs, but this is not the only food that is on our brain when it comes to Ikea.
We also love the dark chocolate and often stock up on it to eat later.
Though our favourite is the various Ikea sauces that you can buy from the fridge section and take home for later.
The last one I bought was the Ikea Lemon Dill Salmon Sauce. Think the delicious sauce you buy for your fish or have served for you in restaurants and imagine getting a big bag of it at Ikea that can easily do several rounds of Air Fryer Salmon and who doesn’t love salmon in the air fryer?
Ikea Citron Dill Sauce
If you head to the fridge section at Ikea you will find Ikea Citron Dill sauce. Here is ours sat in front of our Air Fryer, prior to cooking Ikea Lemon Dill Salmon In The Air Fryer:
The great thing about it, is that it has a great use by date on it and you don’t have to worry about using it the same week, will with many sauces you buy.
I am demonstrating using it with Air Fryer Salmon and warming the sauce up in the Air Fryer, but the great thing is that it would do several meals from this one bag of citron dill sauce if you wanted it to.
But even though it is famous for using with salmon, I was thinking that a fish stew would taste amazing with the citron dill sauce as the main sauce and stock.
Air Fryer Salmon
As you know I am combining the delicious Ikea Citron Dill Sauce with salmon and cooking it in the air fryer.
The most important part of this air fryer salmon recipe is making sure that your salmon is cooked perfectly. There is nothing worse than overcooked salmon and when salmon is cooked right, it is one of those dream meals.
- For perfect salmon in the air fryer, you need to place your salmon fillets side by side in your air fryer basket or your shelves in your air fryer oven.
- The perfect air fryer salmon cook time is the 5:5 method. The salmon cooks first for 5 minutes at 180c and this is followed by a further 5 minutes at 160c. This allows your salmon to have a crispy edge, to be cooked in the middle, to remain moist and not fall into the overcooked category.
- The Ikea citron dill sauce cooks on its own for 2 minutes at 160c. This makes sure that the sauce is piping hot and you can also cook the salmon sat in the sauce to give the salmon at extra flavour.
- You can combine the Ikea dill sauce with the air fryer salmon. Simply stop the air fryer out when it has 2 minutes left at 160c, add the salmon to it and finish the cooking process.
Air Fryer Salmon With Dill Sauce
Cooking air fryer salmon with dill sauce is easy:
- I always start by seasoning my salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon into the air fryer basket with the salmon fillets sat side by side and set the time to 180c for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes cook for a further 3 minutes at 160c.
- Remove the air fryer salmon from its basket. Place the Ikea citron dill sauce into your air fryer baking pan and place your salmon fillets on top so that they are resting in the citron dill sauce but are not submerged.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes at 160c and you’re DONE.
Then I suggest serving it with either potatoes or Instant Pot Broccoli as they are my 2 all time favourite sides for serving with my air fryer salmon.
Ikea Lemon Dill Sauce Review
Many of you are wondering what the Ikea Lemon Dill Sauce is like. Well it is like the nicest fish sauce that you have ever had. Well that’s what I thought anyway! It reminded me of when you went to a restaurant and they served a lovely fish meal with a thick sauce.
It is very creamy and even though I have used my Ikea Lemon Dill Sauce with salmon, it would work with any fish.
Dominic on the other hand, hated it. But he hates dill, so I didn’t stand a chance of getting him to like it did I?
Ikea Lemon Dill Salmon In The Air Fryer
- Place your salmon fillets into your air fryer basket.
- Set the time to 180c/360f for 5 minutes and cook.
- When it beeps cook for a further 3 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Remove the air fryer salmon from the air fryer basket and put to one side.
- In your air fryer baking pan add the citron dill sauce and place the salmon fillets on top.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes at 160c/320f and then serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: