Welcome to how to make a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich in the Instant Pot recipe. This Philly Cheese recipe is perfect for all seasons for a good hearty comfort food feast and is so simple and quick to make in the Instant Pot.
The first time I tried a Philly Cheese Steak recipe it was while visiting Disney World. There was a lot of foodie firsts as a non-American visiting the United States for the first time.
It wasn’t that I didn’t want to try these amazing new things, it just had never quite made it onto my radar. I had never tried corn dogs, Philly cheese steak sandwiches, meatloaf, pot roast or sweet flavoured pizzas. We had also never visited a Starbucks, a Planet Hollywood or Wendys until that moment.
All of the above we truly loved and we never realised that you could ever get burgers that big or that you can ask for them medium or well done like you could with a steak.
One thing that did stand out from the bunch of firsts was the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich that we experienced in the outside eating area at one of the shopping centres (or as they call it stateside…malls)
I had it in between shopping for Uggs and Dominic buying new trainers. It was delicious and we both said to each other how nice it was and how we should have this again and again.
Sadly we didn’t keep our word and here we are having it for the first time since. Four years and 11 months later…..Talk about waiting too long for something so nice!
Plus you can make it with the saute and slow cook function on the Instant Pot so easily. It is like heaven and so good for sharing. Our only regret is that it has taken us so long to dive and have our own Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich!How To Make #Philly Steak Sandwich In The #InstantPot #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Slice the beef into small strips ready for cooking.
- Place your Instant Pot on the sauté setting and wait a couple of minutes for it to warm up. Add the olive oil and the onions along with the garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and the green pepper and carry on sautéing for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the sauces and the seasoning, mix well and then add the beef.
- Carry on cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Warm up your bread buns and cover them in soft cheese. Add the mixture from the Instant Pot on top and then finish this off with some grated cheese. Give it a couple of minutes for the cheese to melt and then serve.
An alternative is when you turn off the Instant Pot when you are done, is to stir in the cream cheese and then it will turn into an amazing stroganoff type dish.