Are you ready to experience the most delicious healthy snack ever? Then let me introduce you to my chewy granola bars that are cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
If you visited our blog yesterday and got excited over our latest air fryer recipe, then you will know that it was our healthy flapjacks recipe.
A British favourite that I grew up on flapjacks is one of my favourite ever tastes of childhood.
Trips to our local bakery and getting excited about that paper bag that was filled with a delicious perfect square of yummy flapjack heaven.
Granola Bars Vs Flapjacks
But while I was researching for my healthy flapjacks recipe, I made a discovery. That was that flapjacks exist around the world, with slight modifications and different names.
In England and Ireland they are known as flapjacks, but in Australia and New Zealand they are known as cereal bars and in the US and Canada as the granola bar or oat bar.
But what makes it even more interesting, is that the cereal bar known in England has a lot of mixed cereal in it and very little in oats.
So, I can imagine tourists getting confused between the two.
Also, in the US flapjacks are often compared to the pancake which is very different from the classic flapjack.
Chewy Granola Bars
But it did get me thinking and before I knew it, I was getting the air fryer out and making some delicious chewy granola bars for our family to try out.
Not only am I using my air fryer to make these delicious chewy granola bars, but I am also using my air fryer baking pan.
One of the best ever air fryer accessories and you can just carry your baking pan out when its cooked and then freeze them for later.
How To Make Chewy Granola Bars
There are just a few simple ingredients that you need to make the best ever chewy granola bars.
The main ingredients are:
All simple ingredients for chewy granola bars that most of us would have in our pantry if they looked.
You can also make these chewy granola bars in batches and put them in your packed lunch box or in your kids snack boxes.
It is as simple as adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and cooking them in your air fryer baking pan.
You could get your kids making this for you, it really is that easy!
Air Fryer Chewy Granola Bars
- Blend the gluten free oats until smooth and add to the blender the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In your air fryer baking pan add all the wet ingredients and stir well with a small wooden spoon.
- Pour the dry ingredients out of the blender and into the baking pan and mix well with a fork.
- Add the raisins and press down the mixture into the baking pan and make sure it is all level.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 160c/320f, followed by a further 5 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to let it stiffen up.
- Chop into chewy granola bars and serve.