This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Pakoras. How to cook pakoras in an air fryer. The ultimate guide to cooking your favourite Indian snack until perfectly crispy without being deep fried. Perfect for both frozen and fresh air fryer pakoras.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Pakoras
Welcome to my Air Fryer Pakoras. This is an updated version of our air fryer veggie pakoras recipe that we originally shared back in 2017. I have added in extra information and included air fryer frozen pakoras too.
These air fryer pakoras are fantastic because you can throw into a bowl your leftovers, add some spice and you have the most delicious Indian snack ever.
If you are having an Indian themed dinner at home, these air fryer pakoras can be your go to starter.
Add in your favourite shredded vegetables such as onion, spinach or cauliflower, add in seasonings and a few extras and you are DONE!
You can make them into whatever shapes and sizes you want. I prefer my vegetable pakoras to have a fishcake look about them and to be big and chunky.
Or you can finish your pakoras with a batter and they can be shaped like chicken strips.
You can also keep your pakoras vegetarian or make a meaty version with chicken or fish version with salmon or white fish.
The possibilities are endless and if Dominic liked Indian food then I would make them every day!
Can You Air Fry Pakoras?
YES you can! Air Fryer pakoras are the BEST! They taste delicious, they don’t taste soggy like many pakoras do and have a wonderful crispy texture.
I prefer air fryer pakoras over shallow fried pakoras because of how light and crispy they are.
Air Fryer For Pakoras
The air fryer is fantastic for cooking pakoras. No matter what style of pakoras you like, the air fryer can do a fantastic job for you.
My personal favourite is pakoras that are loaded up with cauliflower or onion. Or made with spinach.
But whatever your preference and filling that you want to add you can load it into your pakora mixture and load it into the air fryer.
There are a few different types of pakoras that we recommend for the air fryer including:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Pakora
- Air Fryer Chicken Pakora
- Air Fryer Fish Pakora
- Air Fryer Spinach Pakora
- Air Fryer Vegetable Pakora
Or if you are looking for an onion version, I recommend you follow our air fryer onion bhajis recipe instead as they are very similar.
Best Air Fryer For Pakoras?
The air fryer that we used to make our air fryer pakoras was the Philips Air Fryer XXL. You could also use a different good quality brand of air fryer with an air fryer basket such as the GoWise Air Fryer.
It is also recommended if making homemade air fryer pakoras to have an air fryer baking mat. That is because it will stop it from sticking to the air fryer basket and cause less mess.
I also love air fryer accessories packs for a mix of accessories for other air fryer recipes beyond making air fryer pakoras.
Air Fryer Frozen Pakoras
I love to cook air fryer frozen pakoras in the air fryer too. They cook perfectly in the air fryer and are perfect if you’re having a curry night and making our slow cooker butter chicken.
Then you can start your meal with our air fryer pakoras or have it as a side dish.
To air fry frozen pakoras simply remove your pakoras from the packaging and discard any excess crumbs that have come loose.
Place into the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
Then it is time to binge on these tasty pakoras!
How To Air Fry Pakoras?
Cooking pakoras in the air fryer is so simple:
- Steam your vegetables that are going to be your pakora filling.
- Make a batter using Indian flour, self raising flour, lime and seasonings.
- Once both is ready combine into a fritter style batter before loading into the air fryer.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a medium heat and serve with your favourite pakora dip.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Pakoras?
Here at Recipe This I love Indian food and can’t get enough of the tastes of India. Here are a few more air fryer Indian food suggestions:
Air Fryer Pakoras
Air Fryer Pakora Ingredients:
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and place it into the Instant Pot on the steamer basket. Cook for 15 minutes on the steam function until it is mushy and easy to mash. I used the quick release method for doing this.
- While your sweet potatoes are steaming make your batter. Mix together both flours and all the seasonings. Add in the lime juice and mix well. Add water a little at a time until you have a smooth thin batter.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, drain the sweet potato and add it to the leftover vegetables and mash well until you have a thick mashed potato texture.
- Load the vegetable mixture into the batter and mix well.
- Form into preferred shapes and layer on a baking mat in your air fryer.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 180c/360f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: