Welcome to my Pizza Hut Copycat Skillet Cookie Dough recipe.
I have to admit to being addicted to trips to Pizza Hut. The lure of the pizza, the sides and of course the dessert has me there all the time.
I prefer going to the Pizza Hut in Portugal though as unlike with England they have a lot more olive oil in their dishes and we always end up sat their in silence while we all eat it up.
My mum was the person that originally introduced me to Pizza Hut and along side a shopping trip to York we would end up at Pizza Hut for dinner. My mum was always on a diet so rarely did she have more than one slice so it meant I would have as much as I could manage and then the rest would be taken home ready for supper.
But in those days (which were the early to mid 90s) people didn’t have everything to excess so you would have a cheese stuffed crust and then a drink. There would be no excessive side orders and absolutely no pudding.
Now we tend to have a cheesy stuffed crust pizza with a side salad followed by the dessert. So thankfully we are still not overeating with the lure of lots of nice smelling food. And when a pizza and salad is going four ways you have plenty of room left to be able to enjoy the dessert on offer.
The one dessert that we all love when we go there is the cookie dough that is served with ice cream and we thought it would be great to recreate this at home for us all to share. I am a huge fan of cookie dough (especially when I have chocolate cravings) and shared as a family it is even better.
I can’t promise that this will be as healthy as some of my other recipes this month that I am featuring as part of my copycat series but I just know that this place deserved a mention.
[Tweet “Pizza Hut #Copycat #Skillet Cookie Dough Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c. Line the bottom of your skillet with a baking mat so that your skillet wont burn and so that it is easy to clean. You can get the one we use here.
- Place your chocolate in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Then get it out place it in a freezer bag and smash it up with a rolling pin so that it is a mix of sizes ready for your cookie dough.
- Using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer beat your egg into your sugar until it is soft and creamy. Stir in the ingredients one at a time until they are all mixed in nicely. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes until it is lovely and soft and feels like the perfect texture of a cookie dough.
- Fill out your skillet with the cookie dough and pat it down well.
- Cook at 180c for 15 minutes. Put to one side for 5 minutes to allow to cool a little and then add some chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Serve for two.
We also use dark chocolate as an alternative to milk chocolate for a healthier option.
Baking mats have you used them?
They are my new thing and it wasn’t until my lovely virtual assistant discovered them on Amazon that I even knew they existed. They do and I am the biggest fan ever.
Instead of spending hours scrubbing away at my baking tray (which is really bad for a busy working mum) I can line my dishes with these baking mats and hey presto I have a wipe down clean job.
They also have a long shelf life so unlike a baking sheet you can get on average about 2000 goes with one baking mat. Just think about the maths and how much you spend on baking sheets.
So far we have tried it with savoury and sweet dishes for the oven and it fails to disappoint!
P.S Clever Creations sells the biggest baking mats that I have ever seen and you can simply fold them over depending on what you are cooking.
Thank you so much to Clever Creations for sponsoring this post and introducing us to their amazing baking mats. They have certainly opened up the options for cooking for mums that involves a lot less mess.