Instant Pot Pork Roast & Sweet Potatoes
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Pork Roast & Sweet Potatoes. You’ll love this Instant Pot Pork Roast as it ticks lots of boxes.
It is a cheap family dinner, everything is cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, the leftover juices are made into an amazing sweet potato gravy and its Paleo and Whole30 friendly too!
Let me tell you how this Instant Pot Pork Roast happened as it was one of those delicious Instant Pot Recipes that happened without any planning.
It was June and we were in the UK visiting family, taking the kids on an amazing adventure and cooking in our Instant Pot as we travelled around.
I find that overall the grocery shopping costs are nearly identical between the UK and Portugal. We pay more for some things and the Brits pay more for other things.
When you add it all up together and take into account exchange rates, things are so similar.
But one thing that annoys me about Portugal is that we don’t get such a huge reduction on yellow stickers (we go down to half price) and meat deals are normally chicken and pork chops.
When I went into Asda on the way to my aunts and saw 3 lots of meat for £10, I had to have 6. It was hard to choose just 3 so naturally I left with 6!!!
Then a few days later at my aunts, one of those 6 was the pork shoulder and it was out and in the Instant Pot before my aunt could even ask me what an Instant Pot was!
I also had bought lots of sweet potatoes and wanted to make an Instant Pot Pork Roast that was:
- Good value for money – I paid just £3.33 for it and it was enough to feed the 7 of us. Plus, I reckon that the whole meal cost less than £0.80 each.
- Good for special occasions – If you don’t do turkey for Christmas then you could eat this
- Good for wholesome diets – As everything was all natural it was perfect for those on Paleo, Whole30 etc
- Good use of leftovers – We used the juices from the pork roast along with a couple of sweet potato roasties to make the nicest ever sweet potato and pork gravy
Build Your Own Pork Roast In The Instant Pot
What we did was use sweet potatoes as our main accompaniment to the pork roast, but you could use whatever you like.
It could be carrots, white potatoes, parsnips or turnips. Just as long as it is a root vegetable as other vegetables would end up soft and soggy.
How Do You Cook Pork Roast In The Instant Pot?
#1 Prep Ingredients
Start by chopping up and peeling your sweet potatoes. Wash and season your meat so that it is ready for the Instant Pot.
#2 Throw It All In The Instant Pot
Place your pork roast and sweet potatoes into the Instant Pot and let the Instant Pot do the hard work.
#3 Sweet Potato Gravy
Remove the pork roast onto a chopping board and allow it to rest a little before chopping up the pork.
Keep the sweet potatoes warm on a low setting in the oven. Using the leftovers from the bottom of the Instant Pot make your gravy.
Instant Pot Pork Roast & Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- Hand Blender
- Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 250 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into roastie sizes.
- Give the pork shoulder a clean and then pat it dry.
- Rub all the seasonings into the bottom, top and sides of the pork, reserving a little for the sweet potatoes.
- Place the pork roast into the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and place the sweet potatoes around it and then add the last of the seasoning over the sweet potatoes.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes your chicken stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 50 minutes on manual.
- After 50 minutes manually release pressure and place the pork roast onto a chopping board to rest for a minute or two.
- Place the sweet potatoes (apart from 2) onto a serving dish and keep them warm in a very cool oven.
- Blend the contents of the bottom of the Instant Pot with a hand blender until it makes a nice thick sweet potato gravy.
- 10. Serve.