Instant Pot Green Beans. Enjoy delicious garlic butter green beans in an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Ready in just a few short minutes and a perfect side dish. Easy to prepare and a great option for one of your 5 a day.
I have finally made Instant Pot Green Beans – something that has been on my to do list in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker for quite a while now.
The reason for the delay?
Green beans are very expensive in Portugal and also very hard for you to get your hands on.
Most of the time we go with the Portuguese green bean. But it’s a lot thicker and doesn’t taste as nice.
But while I was in the UK this summer, travelling with my Instant Pot, it became my mission to bag myself some green beans and cook them in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
One evening in my aunt’s kitchen back in Yorkshire, out came some green beans and the Instant Pot and I was in garlicky food heaven.
It was one of those side dishes were blink and you missed it as they were done in such an instant.
I just wish I could get them all the time, because as I write this I have a big craving for some yummy Instant Pot Green Beans.
When you try them out yourself you will see why! What is there not to love about green beans that have been steamed to perfection and then smothered in garlic butter?
MORE Instant Pot Vegetables:
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Leeks
- Instant Pot Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Parsnips
- Instant Pot Rutabaga (Swede)
- Instant Pot Turnips
I would also recommend that when you do cook vegetables regularly (or plan to) in your Instant Pot, that you invest in the steamer basket. It’s a life saver and we use it most of the time. We only didn’t with this recipe today for Instant Pot Green Beans as we didn’t have it with us.
How Do You Cook Green Beans In The Instant Pot?
#1 Prep Green Beans
When I cook Instant Pot Green Beans, I always start by giving them a clean and removing any dead ends and make sure that they look like they are worth eating.
#2 Cook The Green Beans
Next on the agenda is to add the green beans to the Instant Pot, add the water and allow the Instant Pot to go to pressure.
#3 Add The BEST Ingredient To The Green Beans
Now you get to drain the green beans and add the best ingredient of all and that is the garlic butter. If I could eat garlic butter over everything forever then I would!
Instant Pot Green Beans
- Clean and remove any dead bits from your green beans.
- Place the green beans into the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
- Add ¾ cup of cold water to the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 2 minutes on manual.
- While the green beans are cooking, mix together the butter and parsley with garlic to form a garlic butter. Put to one side.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, manually release pressure and drain (or lift out your steamer basket).
- Place the green beans onto a serving dish and add your garlic butter.