This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Cooking Frozen Italian Sausage In The Instant Pot. Introducing you to a delicious easy Instant Pot Italian Sausage recipe featuring frozen Italian sausages and a handful of pantry staples.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Frozen Italian Sausage
What’s your “I have just moved in with my boyfriend and can’t cook recipe?”
Mine is “cheap can’t really afford sausages cooked in a tomato sauce recipe” and even now 20 years later, it brings back a tonne of happy memories.
Memories of the first place we called home. An end of terrace huge house in Yorkshire, England, that would have been too big for a family of 6 and really not good when you are 18 years old and HATE CLEANING.
It had a small kitchen and I had ZERO kitchen gadgets, so everything was baked in the oven.
I really didn’t know how to cook back then compared to now and just put meat in the oven with a jar of sauce over it.
That was when I started my obsession with a pack of cheap thick sausages, throwing a can of tinned tomatoes over it and just before serving adding some grated cheese.
The cheese couldn’t be added earlier because the sausages were super cheap and super fatty, and the cheese would have turned it into a bowl of fat.
That was in the year 2000. Long before I learnt how to cook, long before my 3 amazing children was born and before I had an instant pot to make sausages in.
Now as I still make them in the year 2020, there are few major changes:
- I upgraded to quality Italian sausages from the butchers
- I use my Instant Pot and its cooked in 10% of the time
- The Italian sausages are cooked from frozen
But the lazy nature of the dish along with been one of those dump and start dinners still remains and it brings a smile to my face as I show you the art of cooking frozen Italian sausages in the instant pot.
Why Instant Pot Italian Sausage From Frozen?
Do you have those days when you are feeling too tired or too lazy to cook lunch or dinner?
Or you want to grab something quick from the freezer and load it straight into the instant pot?
Maybe you tried instant pot cheap freezer meals and decided it wasn’t for you? Maybe you would rather grab the meat from the freezer, grab the sauce from the pantry and press pressure cook.
After all, doesn’t that sound AMAZING?
In winter I often get Italian sausages out of the freezer and they are not thawed in time for lunch or dinner.
If that is YOU, then the greatest thing of all is that you can throw them in while the sausages are stuck together, and the instant pot works its MAGIC!
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Links
Are tinned tomatoes not your thing? I like them because they taste good and there have been numerous TV shows pointing out the benefits of tinned tomatoes over fresh.
But there are of course other ways that you can cook your instant pot Italian sausage links.
You can follow our frozen Italian sausages recipe but swap tinned tomatoes for an alternative favourite.
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage & Tomato Sauce – Why not grab your favourite brand of tomato sauce and load this into your instant pot. It might even be flavoured such as garlic and mushroom tomato sauce.
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage & Sauce – You could use any sauce that works well in the instant pot. How about your favourite cooking sauce that you always have on hand in your pantry? Or you have some sauce that needs using up such as a Caribbean sauce.
- Keto Instant Pot Italian Sausage – Or you follow Keto and have some favourite Italian sausages and a favourite homemade sauce. Well this would work too!
Cooking Frozen Italian Sausage In The Instant Pot
Cooking frozen Italian sausage is lazy and here are the simple steps to follow:
- Load your tinned tomatoes into the instant pot.
- Add seasoning and mix.
- Dump frozen Italian sausages on top.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and cook for 4 minutes.
- Load onto dinner plates and enjoy.
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Cooking Time
The instant pot Italian sausage cooking time is JUST 4 minutes. Which is AMAZING compared to the original hour cooking time that Italian sausage had when I cooked it in the oven.
Another example of what a life saver having an Instant Pot is!
Cooking Frozen Italian Sausage In Instant Pot
- Place the tinned tomatoes into the instant pot and add in seasonings and mix.
- Place frozen stuck together Italian sausages on top and don’t stir.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook for 4 minutes on manual/pressure cook.
- Manually release pressure when it beeps and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: