This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Flourless Air Fryer Chicken Tenders. A healthy taste sensation that is Whole30, Paleo and gluten free friendly.
Perfect for a healthy snack and once you try these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders you will want them time and time again.
Serve these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with some homemade mayonnaise and you will have one of the best ever air fryer chicken recipes.
Whether you call them Air Fryer chicken tenders, air fryer chicken strips or even air fryer chicken dippers, they are just food heaven to us in the Milner household.
We love our Air Fryer chicken tenders when they are coated in our gluten free coating, cooked until delicious and tender and then served with some flavoured mayonnaise.
We will often have a production line happening to make it easier to make Air Fryer chicken tenders.
One large bowl will have the fake flour, another will have the wet egg mixture and then the final bowl will have the fake breadcrumbs.
Then it is easy to place the sliced chicken in one bowl after another. Then into the Air Fryer for cooking.
Then while it is cooking we will make a quick mayonnaise and then serve it on takeaway wrappers and then we will forget that we made it ourselves and that it is much healthier than takeout.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
When we make our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders we always feel like we have made a LOT more than what we wanted. We also end up super full and wish that we had cooked less of them.
We find that the reason for this is that because of the size of the coating that they become much bigger and due to all the protein going on in our chicken tenders, that it fills us up a lot more than what we expected.
We will do one big batch that will fill up our Philips XL Air Fryer and then often have many more ready in the fridge for cooking the next day.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Start by creating your production line. In one bowl mix together, egg and half of the lemon juice with the garlic puree and set aside.
- In the blender add ½ of the gluten free oats until it resembles fine oats.
- Place the blended oats in one bowl and then the non-blended oats in the other. Mix them up so that you take 25% of the blended oats into the non-blended and vice versa. This then means that you have 2 bowls one with majority blended and the other with majority unblended. The blended is now your fake flour and the unblended is your fake breadcrumbs.
- Season the fake flour bowl with salt, pepper, mustard and parsley.
- Season the fake breadcrumbs with salt, pepper and basil.
- Slice up the chicken breast into medium sized tender shapes.
- Place the chicken tenders into the flour bowl, then drench it in the egg mixture, then heavily coat it in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Then gently place it in the Air Fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes at 175c/350f.
- While they are cooking make your mayonnaise. Mix some regular mayonnaise with the last of the lemon, salt, pepper and a little mustard powder and mix well.
- 10. Serve.
Where To Source Your Chicken Tenders To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders:
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders No Breading
It feels like a while since I have been here with a flourless recipe on the blog. It has never been intentional, I just sometimes forget to get the gluten free oats out. Though I don’t know why because gluten free oats are amazing as a bread alternative.
You can simply blend some gluten free oats, mix them together with some non-blended ones and you have an amazing alternative to breadcrumbs.
Though do make sure you mix your blended gluten free oats with non-blended ones. Otherwise you will end up with something that looks like dust from when you are sanding wood.
Flourless Fast Food In The Air Fryer
But wait….If you want more flourless fast food in the Air Fryer then we have some more for you. All of these have been rather popular on the blog and show how easy it is to make tasty fast food in the Air Fryer WITHOUT ringing for a takeaway.