This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Welcome to my Slimming World Big Mac Stuffed Peppers recipe in the slow cooker. A healthy alternative to going out for a McDonalds and perfect for dinner if you are missing your fast food and craving a good old Big Mac.
I have to say I love McDonalds. I love the McChicken sandwich, the salty fries, the big thick milkshakes, the crispy chicken nuggets, the Big Mac and I cant resist a McFlurry when I it is hot.
But the problem is that is really not good for me and if I eat a lot of McDonalds I get fat. There is no way around it or any point lying about it.
Then you look at all the rubbish and the chemicals that goes into fast food and we should all stay away from them.
But we see that big M and we just can’t resist the urge.
We would probably go there once a month, but after a while we realised we could do a better job at home. So that once a month habit has turned into a once a year habit instead.
But what I missed the most was the delicious Big Mac. The two layers of burgers, the bread in between, the cheese and the flavour that comes with it.
I would then have it with some fries and a drink oh and the meal would always finish on a McFlurry.
But if you want to lose weight McDonalds is somewhere that you can’t possibly be, so how about you make something that is completely Syn Free and perfect for Slimming World at home instead?
Well that is exactly what I have done here. Stuffed peppers layered with Big Mac inspired ingredients, then slow cook it in either your slow cooker or Instant Pot and then serve it up with Airfryer fries?
Though if you don’t like peppers then you could do this with most vegetables. Try it with fresh tomatoes, courgette, twice baked potatoes or even with mushrooms.
The possibilities as they say are endless!
Slimming World Big Mac Stuffed Peppers In The Slow Cooker
- Slice the heads off the peppers and then open up and pull out the seeds.
- Using your hands add a layer of soft cheese around the sides and bottom so that you have a lovely cheesy flavour when cooked.
- In a mixing bowl grab all the seasonings and the mince and onion and mix well with your hands like you would if you were making burgers.
- Push down the burger mixture until the half way line.
- Add a layer of cheese.
- Add more burger mixture until you are at the ¾ mark.
- Then in a mixing bowl mix together a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of tomato puree and another teaspoon of Worcester sauce. Mix them together and add a layer like you are adding sauce to a sandwich.
- Then add the mince mixture again until you hit the top of the pepper. Then press down and level it.
- Place the peppers in the bottom of your slow cooker on high and cook for 6 hours.
- Take them out, drain any excess water and then add an extra layer of cheese and serve.