Welcome to my luxury 10 minute Airfryer chocolate profiteroles.
After yesterday and Dominic showing us how to make the best ever chocolate eclairs, I thought it was my duty to follow it up with some chocolate profiteroles.
Chocolate profiteroles in my mind is something I associate with modern French restaurants. I would always have it for dessert and it would come on this amazing tower of profiteroles and was covered in sugar cane. Each time you looked up at it (which was nearly as tall as me) I was always convinced that it was going to fall over and make the restaurant owners look like idiots.
Of course it never did and I never got sick of chocolate profiteroles either. Talking about eating them, the first time I had them in Portugal was at the first restaurant we ever ate out at after moving to Portugal. It was a typical Portuguese food with lots of steak, lots of fish and delicious puddings. Dominic and I shared some profiteroles together and it was like something out of a Valentine’s movie. Sadly, the restaurant has since gone downhill, but it was great back then.
Often I like to split up my dough for chocolate eclairs and chocolate profiteroles and then do half of each.Testing out Luxury 10 Minute Airfryer Chocolate Profiteroles from @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat the airfryer to 170c.
- Place the fat in the water in a large pan and cook on a medium heat and make sure you bring it to the boil.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the flour (a bit at a time) and then put it back on the heat until it forms a big dough in the middle of the pan.
- Set the dough to one side so that it can cool down. Add in the eggs and mix well until you have a smooth mixture.
- Make into profiterole shapes and cook for 10 minutes on 180c.
- While the eclairs are cooking make the cream filling – mix with a whisk vanilla essence, whipped cream and icing sugar until nice and thick.
- While the profiteroles are cooking make the chocolate topping – place the chocolate, butter and cream in a glass bowl, over a pan of boiling water. Mix well until you have melted chocolate.
- Finish your profiteroles with melted chocolate on top.