Welcome to my Greek Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe.
My husband Dominic is one of those guys that if you mention the word “salad” you will get a dirty look and he will look at you like you’re trying to torture him. He will then replace my salad dressing with a big spoonful of mayonnaise and point out that a salad should be a one off.
Well the one type of salad that I can also get him interested in (and my kids too) every single time is a good quality pasta salad with a nice creamy sauce.
I have a few favourite ones that I turn to that fall under that type of salad and this Greek chicken pasta salad is one of them. With lots of Greek yoghurt to give it that lovely creamy dressing this is a recipe perfect for getting your man and your kids to actually eat salad.
In the summer we will have this as a side dish when we have a barbeque and we all look forward to dipping in. Also because you add the sauce at the last minute if you are not that into sauce on your salad then you don’t have to have it if you don’t want to.
So if you are ready to get into summer and you want to see my inspiration from lovely family holidays in the Greek isles then read on….
- 100g Pasta
- 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small Onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 50g Lettuce
- 1 Jug Honey & Mustard Sauce (get the recipe here)
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Tarragon
- Salt & Pepper
- In a wok on a medium heat cook your chicken breast with the onion, olive oil, garlic and tarragon. Once cooked put to one side.
- In a pasta pot or saucepan boil your pasta until it is nice and tender and again put to one side.
- In the Airfryer chop up your bread into chunks, sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and cook for 3 minutes or until you have delicious crunchy croutons.
- In a bowl layer it with lettuce at the bottom, followed by pasta, tomatoes and the croutons.
- Finally shred the chicken and place on top.
- Serve with honey and mustard dressing.