Welcome to our best ever Moroccan Beef Tajine. Enter a new way of kitchen gadget cooking with the Revol Tajine. A delicious creamy thick stew free of processed foods and perfect for healthy Mediterranean cooking.
OMG I am the proud owner of a tajine. I know I know – yet another kitchen gadget has entered the Milner’s household but I doubt you will be surprised. You just know that we love to cook from scratch and we love the kitchen gadgets to do the hard work for us!
Well you are probably wondering why I would want a tajine? Well the truth is it is an ideal alternative to the Instant Pot for replacing your oven and even though it is always associated with Moroccan food, that there is more to them than that.
For example, because of the way the steam works with them and the fact that they are both oven and hob safe, means that they can be your luxury Dutch Oven. You can start the cooking on the hob and then finish it off in the oven.
In this Moroccan Beef Stew (as I call it) you are getting the best flavours of the Mediterranean. It has prunes, butternut squash, loads of tomato sauce and the most tender beef stewing steak that you have ever tried.
Then as you play about with the tajine you will find loads of other things to do with it and realise that there are no limitations. My mum used to say to me when I was little that “the world was my oyster” and now I feel like saying “my tajine is my oyster”.Best Ever #Moroccan #Beef #Tajine recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Revol Tajine
- 800 g Stewing Beef
- 1 Large Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 100 g Prunes
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Moroccan Spice
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Chilli Pepper optional
- Black Olives optional
- In a small bowl add all the seasonings and mix well.
- Chop up the beef into bite sized chunks and remove any fatty bits. Rub the seasoning into the beef and place the beef in the fridge for an hour.
- Peel and finely cut the onion and the garlic. Place them in the tajine with the olive oil and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the beef and fry for a further 5 minutes or until the beef is sealed.
- In a blender mix together the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, prunes, tomato puree and drained chickpeas. Add them to your tajine. Bring it to the boil and once it has come to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel, deseed and chop up the butternut squash and add to the tajine.
- Give it a stir, add the lid and cook for a further 90 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add in some small pieces of red chilli peppers and some black olives.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
You don’t have to blend the chickpeas and prunes but blended it gives it a lovely thick and creamy flavour.
You don’t need a thickener (such as Bisto) because it will naturally thicken on its own thanks to the Tajine.
Introducing The Revol Tajine
If you have ever wondered what a tajine is then expect to be wowed. It is an essential part of your kitchen gadgets especially if you want to cook Mediterranean food. It is perfect for stews, casseroles and braising meat.
It is part of the revolution 2 collection and is made of black porcelain with a white glazed top. Then the base of the tajine is wide enough for marinating big cuts of meat.
The top ways to cook with this tajine include:
- General cooking
In both the oven and on the hob.
Even better than this, it is the only tajine you can buy that will allow you to cook with every heat source. Just think about the possibilies….
Until you have made a beef stew in a tajine you have not experienced a deep flavour of stew. It really is the crème de la crème of Mediterranean cooking.
Revol Tajine Review
Here are 10 reasons to buy this Revol Tajine:
- Built to last
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy-to-wash glazed porcelain
- Excellent baking or roasting pan without the lid
- Go straight from fridge to oven without worry of damaging the tajine
- Heavy lid seals well to the base to prevent any moisture from escaping
- Holds heat well
- Large enough at 3.75 quarts to fit a 6-pound prime rib roast with vegetables surrounding it
- Non-staining porcelain
- Suitable for electric or gas ovens, convection ovens, and microwaves
Our verdict – What a tajine! Revol’s Revolution Tajine Ceramic Cookware is built to last and meant to be the star in your kitchen. While finding a place in my cupboard was a little challenging (a clear sign I need to expand my kitchen), it’s a pan that hasn’t actually made it to the cupboard. I’m using it that frequently. In fact, it’s such a versatile piece of cookware that I can get rid of some smaller roasting pans and not fear that I’ll ever miss them.
The cone-shaped lid captures steam from whatever you’re cooking and then it falls back down to the round roasting pan. Meat gets marinated continuously thanks to this clever design. Everything I’ve made – from roast prime rib to a the Moroccan beef stew (featured above) – has been exceptional. I even made Boston Cream Pie in it with ease.
I’ve looked all over for a tajine, but it’s hard to find one that’s built to withstand a bunch of use. In my area, the tajines you find are usually made of clay, so they absorb stains and the smells of spices after the first use.
That’s really not appealing. Revol’s tajine is made from porcelain with a glaze that keeps stains from happening. I’ve used it almost daily now for everything, and it still looks new. That’s a huge win for Revol!
Its best feature…is the fact that it is the jack of all trades. Think of the Instant Pot and how you can use it to replace so many other kitchen gadgets well this tajine is very similar like that. In the old days I think they got bad press for just being there for a fancy stew but the truth is that they are so versatile and is a kitchen gadget that we should all own!
Overall – Revol’s Revolution Black Tajine Ceramic Cookware Induction is now my favourite item in my kitchen. It’s versatile, performs well to any abuse I put it through, and everything I’ve made has gotten rave reviews. I admit, it is expensive at $300, but it’s going to last decades. It’s built that solidly.
Buy The Revol Tajine
If you would like to buy The Revol Tajine (the same one we have) or explore the rest of their range then you can do so by clicking on the banner below: