This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Cherry Tomato Salad. Delicious cherry tomatoes tossed in extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and basil. Warmed up in the air fryer and then loaded with mozzarella cheese balls for the most amazing air fryer tomato salad. Perfect for potluck, side dishes, picnics and so much more.
Air Fryer Cherry Tomatoes
I am tomato obsessed and don’t get me started about how much I love cherry tomatoes and how much I can binge on them.
Cherry tomatoes are even my healthy car snack.
In the summer I will buy a small tub of cherry tomatoes and by the time Dominic has driven us home, I have eaten them all.
I am lucky to call Portugal my home and even luckier that cherry tomatoes are available all year around with no shortages.
They are cheaper and there are more varieties in the summer, but if I want a cherry tomato binge in December then I can!
When I was pregnant with my first child Kyle, tomatoes were my big craving. I would eat them 24/7 and no wonder now that Kyle at almost 19, really doesn’t care for tomatoes. I must have eaten too many!
But what I wanted to show you today is just how AMAZING cherry tomatoes are cooked in the air fryer and served as a cute tomato salad for serving with summer dinners.
The Best Air Fryer Potluck Recipe
Hate cooking? Don’t have time to make a potluck recipe? Then our air fryer cherry tomatoes are the answer to your prayers.
The prep is less than 5 minutes and then after air frying you can load your cherry tomato salad into a bowl, seal it when cool and it is ready to be transported to your friends’ barbecue.
Can You Air Fry Tomatoes?
Air Fryer Grape Tomatoes Vs Cherry Tomatoes
They are one of the same. Air fryer grape tomatoes is often used as an alternative name for cherry tomatoes.
It just depends where you live to what you call them. Though living in Europe to us they will always be air fryer cherry tomatoes.
How To Air Fry Tomatoes?
Making an air fryer cherry tomato salad is EASY and is one of those recipes Jorge (my 3 year old) loves to get involved with.
- Cherry tomatoes are halved ready for making the salad.
- Tomatoes are loaded into a mixing bowl, tossed in olive oil and seasoning and then placed into the air fryer basket.
- After air frying the cherry tomato salad is ready for any extras to be added in and ready to be placed into containers ahead of taking as a potluck side dish.
Do You Cut Cherry Tomatoes For A Salad?
Yes you do. Its much better if you cut your cherry tomatoes in half prior to cooking your salad.
They won’t all go wrinkly and it gives the chance for all sides of your cherry tomato to be seasoned.
Though what I tend to do when making a salad for serving with other things, is to half most of the cherry tomatoes and leave some of them whole.
Though its all about personal choice.
What Goes With Tomato Salad?
In the summer I love to have a tomato salad on the side and here are a few main dishes to go with your salad:
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Air Fryer Oven Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork
Air Fryer Cherry Tomato Salad
- Cut in half about 70% of your cherry tomatoes. Load all the cherry tomatoes into a mixing bowl along with the dried basil and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix well with your hands and load into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Once warmed up load your air fryer cherry tomatoes into a salad bowl.
- Add in thinly shredded fresh basil and mini mozzarella cheese balls.
- Mix and serve or store into containers for later.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: