I love vegetable soup and I also love the flavours of the Mediterranean. Living in Portugal food is very similar to what you would expect in France, Spain & Italy. The importance is always put on fresh vegetables, tomato sauces, wine and plenty of carbs.
This recipe is based on my love for everything local and how the flavours of our local culture come together. We love nothing more than going to our local market and picking our favourite vegetables and then planning our soup around it. Though my Mediterranean vegetable soup is about throwing in a bit of everything and letting the vegetables do the hard work. I am also not a huge fan of chunky soup but this is an exception to the rules.
We have this style soup at least twice a month (if not more) and it is something that not only us, but our kids love too.
It is also a great winter warmer and if like me you love your bread, then dip some in or place big chunks of bread into your soup just before you serve it.
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Small Red Pepper
- 100g Green Beans
- 5 Large Carrots
- 1 Large Leek
- 1 Large Potato (peeled)
- 1 Small Sweet Potato (peeled)
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 50ml Water
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Thyme
- 2Tsp Garlic Puree
- 2Tbsp Soft Cheese (garlic and herb flavour)
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by chopping up your vegetables into small bite sized chunks and placing them into the bottom of your soup maker.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and if there is not much water in them dilute them a little bit.
- Add the water and seasoning too.
- Cook on a basic soup setting for 25 minutes without blending so that you have tasty chunky soup.
- Once cooked stir in the soft cheese and then serve!
Do You Want MORE? Get Another 29 Recipes:
We have put together 30 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your trusted soup maker. They include our reconstructed soups, turkey soup, broccoli soup and many other favourites.
We are huge fans of Soup Maker cooking and use it to get our five a day and also for keeping us warm during the winter months. Just think if you add bread you have a hearty supper with less than 5 minutes of preparation time.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.