Burger King Oreo Milkshake. How To Make A Burger King inspired refreshing and comforting 3 ingredient Oreo milkshake in your blender at home. Easy to make and so good you will want to spoon out the leftovers from the sides of the blender.
Table of Contents
3 Ingredient Oreo Milkshake
Welcome to my 3 ingredient Oreo milkshake recipe in the blender. Updated for the summer with more photos, more questions answered and lots more oreo milkshake tips.
I always get the exact same response whenever I make Dominic a milkshake……where is the chocolate?…….why do you have to put fruit in my milkshake?……milkshakes are supposed to be bad for you.
I remember my boys having these super naughty chocolate milkshakes at Disney World and being glad that I don’t actually like the flavour of chocolate milkshakes. I am more of a banana, strawberry or pineapple kind of girl!
Though, one of the ones that we had at Disney World was so big that it gave me stomach cramps afterwards because I was so full.
I bought the boys some Oreos and said that as a one off I would make a comforting Oreo milkshake and that I would never question the high calories that would be in it.
I hate Oreos so there was no reason I was going to eat it, but at least the boys could enjoy something incredibly naughty to chill them out after another warm summer’s day.
Well they certainly didn’t disappoint. I had one spoonful and remember thinking how unhealthy it tasted and how glad I was that I wasn’t having one to myself.
That was of course the inspiration when I originally published this Oreo milkshake recipe back in the September of 2016.
The same month Jorge was born, yet now 4 years on, it is Jorge that is insisting on getting the first milkshake and helping me perfect it further.
Who Has The Best Oreo Milkshake?
While researching about the Oreo milkshake to update our recipe for you today, I was amazed by how many different places sell an Oreo milkshake and how they all claim to make the BEST Oreo milkshake.
I must admit, living in Europe many of these places I have never heard of. Among Recipe This reader favourite places for an Oreo milkshake included:
- McDonalds Oreo Blast
- Oreo Milkshake at the Cheesecake Factory
- Oreo Milkshake at Chick Fil A
- Oreo Milkshake at Five Guys
- Oreo Blast at Sonic
- Oreo Milkshake at IHop
- Oreo Milkshake at Johnny Rockets
- Oreo Milkshake at KFC
- Oreo Milkshake at Starbucks
- Oreo Milkshake at TGI
I have even had people tell me that they can get an Oreo milkshake at the gas station. Though out of these places we have only visited McDonalds, KFC, Starbucks, Five Guys and Burger King.
Because we have had the most Oreo milkshakes from Burger King we are going to base our Oreo shake recipe on this.
What Is An Oreo Blast?
The most common name for an Oreo milkshake is an Oreo blast and I am sure you are wondering what an Oreo blast is and what makes them different from the average oreo milkshake.
Well the Oreo blast is associated with the Sonic drive thru and focuses on their ice cream selection and Oreo cookies broken up.
In other words the Oreo blast is just one version of the Oreo milkshake. Though not for us at Recipe This as we live a nut free lifestyle and it includes peanut butter.
Oreo Milkshake Ingredients
There are just three main ingredients that make up an Oreo milkshake in the blender:
Though if you prefer you can swap vanilla ice cream for cream and milk.
Though my favourite trade is swapping regular Oreo cookies for golden Oreo cookies. Perfect for if you don’t like chocolate ice cream. Or just perfect for me!
How To Make Oreo Milkshake Like Burger King?
In our copycat Burger King Oreo Milkshake recipe that we are showing you how to make in the blender today, it is this easy:
- Break your Oreo cookies up over the blender and load into the blender.
- Add in vanilla ice cream and vanilla essence.
- Blend and serve with more Oreos.
Oreo Milkshake Tips
Here are a few extra tips for making an Oreo milkshake with your blender at home:
- Oreo milkshake recipe without chocolate syrup? Chocolate syrup is not essential, and I prefer my Oreo milkshake without. You can decide if you keep or chuck the chocolate syrup.
- Oreo milkshake with a blender? The only consideration to make is that your Oreo cookies are not too big. Otherwise they will not blend very well, and your blender will get stuck.
- Oreo swaps. This is your Oreo milkshake and you can swap the ingredients for your favourites. I like mine with golden Oreos and love to add some caramel flavouring to the milkshake instead of vanilla essence.
Burger King Oreo Milkshake In The Blender
- Crunch the Oreos over the blender and load into your blender as you do it.
- Load in vanilla essence and vanilla ice cream.
- Blast with the blender until you have a yummy Oreo milkshake.
- Serve with extra Oreos on top.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: