Welcome to my turkey and avocado blender burritos recipe.
I don’t know about you but my blender was made for avocados. The fact that avocados taste so good when they are the base for a meal and how much flavour and texture that they add to dishes.
Plus I find that all year round you can always get your hands on a good amount of avocados as they never seem to go out of season and if you shop around there will always be one of the supermarkets with them on special offer. Right now we have just bought 8 of them and instead of the usual 5€ a kilo we managed to get some great ones for half price!
I can simply throw my avocados into the blender and add whatever seasoning I like and I suddenly have a marinade, a sauce or a dip for a meal of my choosing. Oh and they absolutely rock my world in a banana and chocolate mousse pudding too.
In this recipe we are sharing with you a very simple recipe made with Christmas (or Thanksgiving) leftovers. Add avocados, turkey, homemade tortilla wraps and you suddenly have this great meal that everyone can tuck into over the Christmas period. Your kids will love it because it’s a bit more interesting than just handing out turkey sandwiches, but if you have your Grandma visiting if she is anything like mine it might be a bit spicy for her!
But if your kids love spice (mine do) then you can get them involved and they can help you make it and will probably be there with a spoon helping themselves to whatever is leftover before it makes its way onto the plate.
We also like these with a bit of leftover chicken on the beach in the summer as an alternative to the traditional sandwiches that we often get so used to!#Turkey & #Avocado #Blender Burritos Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 6 Tortilla Wraps
- 200g Leftover Turkey Breast
- 3 Large Avocados
- 1 Small Lemon (juice and rind)
- Handful Lettuce
- 1Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1Cm Cube Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 6Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1Tsp Coriander
- 1Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1Tsp Mixed Spice
- 1Tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Coriander
- Clean your lettuce and layer a plate with it.
- Chop your turkey into bite sized chunks and season well with salt and pepper.
- Make your yoghurt. In a bowl mix your yoghurt with a little salt and pepper, dried coriander and the lemon rind from your lemon.
- In your blender add 2 of your avocados, the garlic puree, the ginger, along with the rest of the seasoning and partly blend until you have a rough mixture that is ¾ blended. Add the juice from the lemon and mix well.
- Layer your tortilla wraps with the blended mixture and a handful of turkey into each one.
- Lay it on top of the lettuce and then pour over your yoghurt sauce.