Welcome to my spiralized apple and cinnamon pancakes.
I was a virgin of the pancakes for many years. I never had them on Shrove Tuesday, for breakfast or with ice cream at a café. I then tried Paleo and they became the done thing and I became curious and gave them a go. I was actually pleasantly surprised that I actually liked them and not just that, but that I wanted them again!
Now I have them most Sundays. They become the weekend treat and I will normally have them with some maple syrup and some sliced banana.
I also rather like them really skinny as crepes with some chocolate sauce and fresh fruit. Though that is the naughty part of me!!! Plus with crepes it is the type that I don’t have very often.
I also have a son that hates eggs so weekend treats of boiled eggs and soldiers or fried eggs on an English breakfast are out of the question so this is a Plan B to get him some extra eggs.
A great way to do the pancakes on a Sunday is to use your spiralizer for the apple (so that the apple is not too thick) and then flavour it with cinnamon and some sugar. It is heaven and with some nice Greek yoghurt you have a fantastic breakfast.Spiralized #Apple And Cinnamon #Pancakes thanks to @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and make a hallow in the centre and drop in the egg.
- Stir in with a wooden spoon and gradually add the milk until you have a creamy pancake batter.
- Spiralize the apple and add to the batter
- Add the cinnamon.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and when it starts to smoke add your first four pancakes with each pancake being 3tbsp of batter. When golden brown underneath flip to cook the other side and on average will cook for 4 minutes on each side. And do this for four at a time until you are out of batter.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with icing sugar.