Welcome to my Slimming World One Pot Veggie Loaded Bolognese. This is one of those dream come true one pot wonders that is absolutely delicious, full of flavour, has plenty of vegetables and PERFECT for a Slimming World SP day.
I cook this in my cast iron casserole dish. Though if you are American you probably know these as Dutch Ovens. This is the one we actually have and it cooks up all our favourite casseroles.
The point of this dish is that you can cook it without any oil and that the tomatoes help cook the food without needing to worry about olive oil or fry light. You throw everything into your casserole dish (as you chop up your ingredients) and then let the casserole dish do the work for you.
Then finish it off by cooking the meat in the oven and then serve it however you please.
I should mention that this is fully loaded with whatever vegetables that you have in. This means that there is plenty of body in the dish and you really don’t feel like you need to have pasta with it.
This in itself makes it perfect for SP days on Slimming World as you have that fantastic balance of Slimming World Speed Foods and Slimming World Protein Foods. I also love the fact that it makes so much that you can freeze what is leftover for another day. Or if you are feeding teenagers (like we are) you know that there is plenty for seconds without them needing pasta to bulk it up.
You can also use this as the basis for a bigger dish such as a pasta Bolognese or if you want a different take on lasagne, why not use this as one of your layers? The truth is the ideas are endless.#SlimmingWorld #OnePot #Veggie Loaded #Bolognese #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Peel and dice the onions, carrots and sweet potato and place them in the casserole dish along with the tinned tomatoes. Stir regularly and bring to the boil.
- Add the minced beef and all of the other ingredients apart from your OXO cube.
- Stir well for 5 minutes or until the mince is about 30% cooked.
- Crumble the OXO cube into the casserole dish and also pour in 250ml of boiling water.
- Mix well and place the lid on your casserole dish.
- Place it in the oven and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
We used carrots, sweet potatoes and onion for our vegetables along with loads of tinned tomatoes. Another option is to add loads of courgette and garden peas.