Welcome to my simple pan fried chicken and vegetables recipe.
Because we are parents to a toddler and like to look after her ourselves and don’t rely on babysitters or nannies we have a separate work day rule. One day I will work and another Dominic will work. Or say if I have a lot on I might do a four day week, while Dominic will do a 2 day week.
That means the other person can take care of the house and do the cooking. We each have a different way of cooking.
Dominic is more French/English with a little herb and not very many spices. He will bring food alive with just some salt, pepper and parsley. He will do simple cooking like pan fried salmon with steamed vegetables and sweet potato fries, or he might do a cottage pie or a Spanish style Frittata.
However for me it is lots of pasta, cauliflower rice and plenty of herbs and spices. I love to make us cauliflower rice, a stir fry, meatballs with tomato sauce, not to mention my addiction to making a curry.
I remember once it being a Wednesday and the day before our weekly grocery shopping. Dominic was on cooking day and I told him to surprise me as we had some lovely leftover chicken in the fridge and a mix of vegetables and this is the EXACT dish he came up with!!!
= food heaven!
Must be tried as a quick lunch or dinner or as a romantic dinner for two.
[Tweet “Simple Pan Fried #Chicken & #Vegetables thanks to @recipe_this”]
- Mixed Chicken Pieces (thighs, drumsticks, wings)
- 1 Small Carrot (peeled and diced)
- 50g Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 1 Small Courgette (diced)
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 150ml White Wine
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Mustard
- 1Tsp Thyme
- 1Tsp Tarragon (dried)
- Fresh Tarragon
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pan add the olive oil and place on a medium heat until the oil heats up. Add the chicken and sauté the skin of the chicken. This is so that when you serve your chicken it is lovely and crispy. After 3 minutes on each side remove the chicken and put to one side.
- With those lovely juices from your chicken still in the pan, add all your vegetables and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mustard, white wine and seasoning. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and toss it in the juices and vegetables so that everything is well coated in the seasoning.
- Place a tight lid on the pan and cook on a medium to high heat for a further 18 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked before serving.
- Serve with crusty bread or some rice.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook but also only require one pot. We have pasta and meatballs, 3 minute alfredo sauce, no carb risotto, 20 minute chicken korma and even pan fried chicken and vegetables.
We are huge fans of one pot cooking and even more so, now that we have tried out 30 minute meals in it. And it shows that one pot cooking is not just for the slow cooker.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.