Welcome to my latest blender recipe. This is for my quick blend Mexican chicken burgers in the air fryer. Full of spicy Mexican flavour this makes the perfect low calorie burger to enjoy with your family. Cooked in the air fryer it is perfect for a Friday night supper.
I remember the first time I ever tried a southern fried chicken burger inside a delicious bun. It was like heaven on a plate. I had it with some salad in the bun (well some part of the meal had to be healthy!) and I also had some coleslaw, fried and a fizzy drink.
Later that day I looked online to see how many calories were in it and was really shocked to see that it was in excess of 2000 calories. Well that’s a daily calorie limit and I was far from full so I still had to take into account breakfast and dinner oh and my daily chocolate habit.
It was like having 2 meals at McDonalds or 1.5 meals at Burger King. It was really not good (even though it tasted amazing) and I realised that I needed to find a Plan B. So thanks to my air fryer and my blender I set to work perfecting a homemade southern fried chicken burger.
The rules of the recipe testing were:
- It would have to pass the teenage boy taste test
- It had to taste just as good
- It had to be easy to make
- It had to be nice and spicy
Well I tested and I tested and it ticked all four boxes and this is my Mexican chicken burgers in action!Quick #Blend #Mexican #Chicken #Burgers In The #Airfryer #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- In a blender add all your seasonings and your cauliflower and blend until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove ¾ of it from your blender and place it into your mixing bowl ready for later. In another bowl add your beaten egg to also save for later.
- In the blender add your chicken breasts and blend with the ¼ of your ingredients from later. Add a little extra salt and pepper.
- Remove from the blender and make into burger shapes. If it is not binding properly add some extra cauliflower crumbs.
- Get each burger and roll in the cauliflower crumbs, the egg and then the cauliflower crumbs again.
- Do this for each of them.
- Once they are all done place them onto a baking mat and cook in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 180c.
- Flip them over and then cook for a further 10 minutes on the other side so that both sides will become crispy and delicious.
- Serve with coleslaw, pickles and crisps.