Apple Pie Smoothie. How to make a delicious apple pie smoothie from apple pie leftovers. This apple pie smoothie is filling, delicious and perfect for getting rid of the spare apple pie from the fridge.
Apple Pie Smoothie
I grew up with a dad who loved apple pie, then I married someone that hates it. This meant that I went from getting sick of apple pie, to not getting any at all.
So, when I said to Dominic that I was updating our 2017 apple pie smoothie recipe, I was rather surprised when he tried it and loved it.
It must like with kids when you add hidden vegetables to a recipe. But in this case, it was hidden apple pie.
Only problem was that the apple pie smoothie was so good, I was gutted that I had to share it!
Think of it as thick as a McDonalds thick banana milkshake, yet it is the flavour of your favourite apple pie.
A true favourite in the Milner house when we have some spare apple pies.
Apple Pie Filling Smoothie
Beware though. This apple pie is incredibly filling and if you have too much you will end up needing to take a nap.
If you ate apple pies you would probably have one slice (maybe two) yet when you make an apple pie filling smoothie the chances are you are adding three.
The apple pie smoothie is also filling because of the carbs from the apple pie pastry.
BUT it is delicious and OMG one of the best smoothies I have ever tried.
Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
The ingredients for apple pie smoothie, are simple everyday ingredients that you can source, without having to go grocery shopping. You can also mix and match with what you have in.
- Apple Pie – You can use spare apple pie slices from the fridge, shop bought apple pies, or mini apple pies like the Mr Kipling ones we are using.
- Yoghurt – To make a creamy apple pie smoothie we recommend either Greek yoghurt or coconut milk.
- Sweetener – You want to use your favourite sweetener to make it taste even better. We used maple syrup. But honey, stevia or regular sugar would also work.
Any blender will do a good job at apple pie smoothie. Though we recommend the Ninja blender.
How To Make Apple Pie Smoothie?
The quick version of making apple pie smoothie goes as follows:
- Load apple pie leftovers into blender.
- Add yoghurt and something sweet.
- Blend and drink!
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
Can You Make Ahead Apple Pie Smoothie?
I don’t recommend making ahead your apple pie smoothie. That is because it is incredibly thick, and the smoothie will lose its thickness if left in the fridge.
But its so effortless to make the apple pie smoothie that you shouldn’t need to make it ahead.
More Blender Ideas
I would say that my blender is my most used kitchen gadget in the Milner house. That is because it is amazing for smoothies, milkshakes, smoothie bowls, soups, sauces and so much more.
If you are looking for more yummy smoothies in the blender I would recommend:
- Blender Smoothie Lollies
- Blender Mango Avocado Smoothie
- McDonalds Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
Blender Apple Pie Smoothie
- Grab your apple pie leftovers and break them up over the blender so that they will blend well.
- Add yoghurt and maple syrup into the blender.
- Stir the contents of the blender so that no apple pie gets stuck to the bottom and blend until smooth.
- Add extra sweetener or extra Greek yoghurt if necessary.
- Load into glasses and serve with an extra slice of apple pie.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: